LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

please help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help!

my car broke down about 3 1/2 weeks its getting fuel I think cause when you crank it you can smell it but it wont run i just put in a new opti cause it wasent getting any spark at the plugs or the coil.and it still wont run what the f... else could it be this is my DD and i just spent 300 for the opti and Im about to give up.please help asap o ya it broke down after racing some one no wierd sound or anything just after i slowed back down and tryed to drive normal the gas pedel was dead then when I pulled off it died.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are tons of things that could be wrong, my original thought would have also been opti, but if your sure you replaced it correctly, with a new cap and rotor. Then it's time to look elsewhere, I would see if you can get the car scanned somewhere... and see what codes it's throwing... or read the codes yourself using the "Paper Clip" method, that only 93's are able to perform. I'm not sure of the total details, but you can put the car in diagnostic mode so it will read the codes off to you, without scanning it. Click the link to take you to the thread that explains this unique process 93's are capable of doing. http://www.speeddensity.org/showthread.php?t=679

Also, you could check the fuel pressure via the Schrader Valve (Being a 93, the valve is in the middle, instead if the back of the intake, on the drivers side of the intake manifold.) Even if you think it's getting enough fuel, it doesn't hurt to check.

Also, give some more details on the problem... does the car start, run at all? Run bad when cold, warm, all the time? Details like that can give us some more clues to what the problem can be.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

did you hook evrything up correctly with the opti and connect all the plugs from the coil to your sparkplugs?

Be sure you did that. Make sure you didnt leak any coolant on the opti when putting it in.

One time i did a opti replacement and i forgot to hook up the plug that goes from the coil to the opti and all it would do it turn over and not spark!

so check that out!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Renegade
There are tons of things that could be wrong, my original thought would have also been opti, but if your sure you replaced it correctly, with a new cap and rotor. Then it's time to look elsewhere, I would see if you can get the car scanned somewhere... and see what codes it's throwing... or read the codes yourself using the "Paper Clip" method, that only 93's are able to perform. I'm not sure of the total details, but you can put the car in diagnostic mode so it will read the codes off to you, without scanning it. Click the link to take you to the thread that explains this unique process 93's are capable of doing. http://www.speeddensity.org/showthread.php?t=679

Also, you could check the fuel pressure via the Schrader Valve (Being a 93, the valve is in the middle, instead if the back of the intake, on the drivers side of the intake manifold.) Even if you think it's getting enough fuel, it doesn't hurt to check.

Also, give some more details on the problem... does the car start, run at all? Run bad when cold, warm, all the time? Details like that can give us some more clues to what the problem can be.
well it wont throw any codes cause the ses light didnt come on . and the car does not run at all it just cranks and thats it. thanks
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
did you hook evrything up correctly with the opti and connect all the plugs from the coil to your sparkplugs?

Be sure you did that. Make sure you didnt leak any coolant on the opti when putting it in.

One time i did a opti replacement and i forgot to hook up the plug that goes from the coil to the opti and all it would do it turn over and not spark!

so check that out!
yes i double checked everything and got no water near it,this is really killing me.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

coil go out?could have a bad opti!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Banned

one easy thing everyone always over looks. FUSES!!!! check you ign fuse and the fuse for you computer.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Banned

one easy thing everyone always forgets to check....FUSES!!!! check your ign fuse and the fuse for your computer. also your relays.

Quick Reply: please help!