Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really need to quiet down my Corsa catback...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need to quiet down my Corsa catback...

Ok, I used to think the Corsa was a "quiet" system with the manifolds and cats on. Now, I have Kooks 1 7/8" race headers and ORY, the car is too Damn Loud! My neighbors hate my car, and it is rather loud, nice for the track but that only 2 of the 7days I drive my car. A friend suggested some cones that are supposed to slip in the collector, but I am NOT Pulling this Y pipe off the car, not after the hours it took to get it in there. So, is there something similar to a noise cancelling cone that I could slip into the tailpipes as they exit from the muffler? Or something?

Charlie
Old 02-01-2006, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

put a hooker aerochamber muffler instead or your corsa muffler
you could also put cats or a bullet in the I pipe to quiet it down, but I m sure the muffler switch would be more effective
thats my .02
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Without adding cats or changing mufflers your wasting your time.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Restricted User

Thats what I thought. Andrew has the Aerochamber, it sounds nice, but really heavy. I looked at a spot to a high flow cat, only place I see available is the pass side Y, but thats only half the battle. Maybe I'll look into other mufflers, something.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CAT3
Thats what I thought. Andrew has the Aerochamber, it sounds nice, but really heavy. I looked at a spot to a high flow cat, only place I see available is the pass side Y, but thats only half the battle. Maybe I'll look into other mufflers, something.
If you get small enough race cats, you should be able to fit one on the drivers side too. Random Technology makes some as does magnaflow(carsound).