Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

305/35/18 Nitto DR's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 305/35/18 Nitto DR's?

Those of you running these tires, how are you liking them?

Treadwear, dry hooking, wet drivability, fitment in wheel well?

Thanks guys
Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was running them for about 2yrs. I loved them. They looked awesome and they performed very well in dry and wet weather. I did have to beat the inside of the wheel well (nothing major) to prevent them from rubbing. I got lots of compliments on the tire wheel combo. My only words of caution are to be careful with the tread wear on these tires becuase they are so wide when the tread gets real low they cant channel water fast enough especially on heavy rainy days. I almost lost my life when my car hydroplaned into oncoming traffic. I was extremely lucky that I didnt get killed or worse killed someone else. It was all my own fualt for driving on them with such low tread. I wasnt speeding at all I knew that the tread was very low.It dosent make them a bad or dangerous tire any tire that is too worn down will cuase that to happen. Just be aware.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I know how the whole spinning out thing is. I did the same thing on the highway with the tires I have now. Bald 335's are like driving on barrels. and michellin pilot sports suck, the compound is way too hard for any traction.