Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how loud is magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default how loud is magnaflow

how is the sound of magnaflow with longtubes and off road y? hows it at start up, idle, and cruising. and what about the magnaflow with heads and cam. is it really loud or is it quiet?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ls1sounds.com
Old 02-02-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Hmm, if your average person were listening to it, they'd say it's pretty damn loud. However, many of the people on here are all running around with full exhausts or loudmouth and are simply accustomed to louder cars. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being stock and 10 being a cammed/full exhaust with Loudmouth.... I'd put Magnaflow with LTs and ORY at about a 6 at idle. At WOT, it gets very loud. Probably about an 8 or so. Sounds great though: has a mean and deep rumble at idle with a throaty scream when you put it to the floor. I loved it on my other car.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Hmm, if your average person were listening to it, they'd say it's pretty damn loud. However, many of the people on here are all running around with full exhausts or loudmouth and are simply accustomed to louder cars. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being stock and 10 being a cammed/full exhaust with Loudmouth.... I'd put Magnaflow with LTs and ORY at about a 6 at idle. At WOT, it gets very loud. Probably about an 8 or so. Sounds great though: has a mean and deep rumble at idle with a throaty scream when you put it to the floor. I loved it on my other car.

+1. Could be alot quieter, but it could be louder.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had a magnaflow along with my cam, headers and ory.
it was too loud for me.
i ditched the magnaflow muffler and put in a hooker muffler.
its still loud, but not real loud.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys. i know of course ls1sounds. but sometimes, those sound clips dont do most of those catbacks any justice..you actually have to hear them up close. thanks for the magnaflow replies. i would like more... i ran hooker longtubes and loudmouth on my 2000 z28, and when i get back im wondering if i should run the loudmouth again because i want it loud, or maybe run the magnaflow..
Old 02-03-2006, 02:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a Magnaflow muffler on with LTs, ORY, and a cam. Its definitely not "quiet" but for LTs ORY and a cam its not as loud as it could be.

Its quiet enough to get me around on the street and loud enough to draw all the attention i want, trust me It definately does get pretty loud under WOT and sounds excellent IMO!

I can send you a video of my car cruising and at WOT if youre interested...
Old 02-03-2006, 03:06 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 8GTOKLR
ls1sounds.com
That is such an inaccurate site for loudness.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
That is such an inaccurate site for loudness.

I just ordered Pacesetters w/ ORY and Magnaflow. Starting the removal of stockage this weekend, hopefully the order will be here in time for next weekend. I'll post up a reply here after the install and let ya know.. hopefully it'll go smoothly.