Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Seattle Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Area

Anyone in the Seattle area willing to help a newbie stuff a longblock in a SS for some fairly short cash ? hate to beg but I am in a WAY hard spot, my motors banging, gotta start a job in Renton the 16th .. I can get a motor from Cammin BeaSSt for about 1800 delivered. that leaves me 500-700 ..
Not enough, most places are askin 1500 for R&R.. I am so very stressed..
I will pay you all I have after fluids and all the beer you want etc.
If anyone is feeling generous, I am in dire straights
Old 02-03-2006, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Thanks..it's appreciated
Old 02-03-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to help, but unfortunately don't have any time.

Where are you located at anyways?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for posting anyhow, somehow, just having a response makes me feel a bit better.. I live in Mill Creek. I know Ellis can do it, but I lack the full 1500 he needs for the job ( I know its a major hassle, rated for 21 hours I am told)
Seems I can afford to either buy / repair my engine or have it R&R'd LoL just not both..Oh well, I will keep faith that God or providence will find a way.
The thought of letting my car go and picking up a cheapo isnt all that entertaining..
I tried to get a personal loan for the repair, but with my wife out of work, I am buried in debt, rent , two cars, insurance and whatnot, I even mentioned that I may have to have them repo it, seems they would rather do that then lend me 2 k Damn bean counters
Cammin has a motor so I could just swap em out sorta, or I can pay Ellis to yank it and pray I can repair a lower end knock and Ellis says some rocker noise/ pushrods for 700 ? <sweats> I so wish I didnt have to have this done in 3 weeks or less
If anyone reads this, please, give me your thoughts, I assure you I am open to options
Old 02-03-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

I wish I could offer some help but I have never done anything remotely close to what you need and would be more of a hinderence than a help.

I will keep a good thought for you that this all works out though.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that sucks dude. I've been in a situation like that before and it's not a fun place to be.

You could always pick up a used 5.3L off ebay for like 4-500 bucks and use the 5.3L longblock as a cheap alternative. You'd lose a bit a power but at least you could keep your wheels until you get back on your feet. You don't want a charge-off on your credit record!! Just offering another option for ya. ??

Good luck man,
Mike
Old 02-03-2006, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the thoughts guys, and no, I don't want a repo, and I want to lose my SS even less, will have to think on the 5.3 thing, a bud at work says he can hook up me up w/ 90 Accord lxi w 100k on it for 2 grand..
I think that may be my option, just park the SS somewhere an hope later on this year I can save the cash, damn it LoL What's REALLY kicking my *** is that I Just put new tires : 800, Black Halo's : 170, SFC's and STB : 400 (with welding) some misc. items for about 200 TTop Shades, new remote, new wiring for my amps....That would have been enough, saved all season for it .. sorta funny in a *I may break into tears* way.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I wish I could offer some help but I have never done anything remotely close to what you need and would be more of a hinderence than a help.

I will keep a good thought for you that this all works out though.
I'd be the same way. I'd love to help you but I've never done anything like that and probably wouldn't be much help. Sorry. Good luck man.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big question is: Do you have the tools to do the install? I would be willing to help with the install but I do not have a hoist.

I live right outside mill creek
Old 02-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Might have a plan.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks, Perry
Old 02-03-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where are you located, I have an engine hoist.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

pm me. I'm always down to help somebody out.

Nate
Old 02-03-2006, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Man, I thank you all for the nice responses, I THINK I may have somethin worked out with Ellis...Mebbe, if not, then I will PM each of you and yes, I have tools, just not many, and no air tools ...I have a house garage I can use, and if no cherry picker is about, I can buy one, but this may all be for naught if the plan comes together with Speed Secrets an Rolling, only God and Providence will say..
On the other hand, I would be honored if I could buy you guys a round for extending the offer to help, means alot, I am far far from my home here and have no buds or support group... gets feeling dicey if that makes any sense to ya
So. Pick a night, Pick a bar, I get ya all a round... Just needs to be after I get my car done / back and I live right across from the Mill Creek Town offices sorta )

Yay me
Old 02-03-2006, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

PS
and Thanks Perry.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy
Man, I thank you all for the nice responses, I THINK I may have somethin worked out with Ellis...Mebbe, if not, then I will PM each of you and yes, I have tools, just not many, and no air tools ...I have a house garage I can use, and if no cherry picker is about, I can buy one, but this may all be for naught if the plan comes together with Speed Secrets an Rolling, only God and Providence will say..
On the other hand, I would be honored if I could buy you guys a round for extending the offer to help, means alot, I am far far from my home here and have no buds or support group... gets feeling dicey if that makes any sense to ya
So. Pick a night, Pick a bar, I get ya all a round... Just needs to be after I get my car done / back and I live right across from the Mill Creek Town offices sorta )

Yay me
Don't sweat it dude. We are all here to help however we can, moral support, actual work, parts, rides, whatever we can do for each other. I have only lived here about 8 months but this NW crowd is A-OK.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Launching!

01T-TopToy

I just sent my ideas to Ellis and will wait to hear back from him. I will let you know if we can figure something out to get you ROLLIN again

Thanks, Perry
Old 02-04-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

I hope you get that thing worked out. There are some great brains and braun here on this forum. But faith in God does not hurt either. He will always make a way. I just wish I knew more about what you need to have done myself because I do like to help when I am able.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude i lend a hand for free...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:12 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds like things might be going well. If not, I may be able to spare a whole day of help. Be warned........I've never pulled a motor, but would love to do it and am willing to help a fellow NW guy out if I'm not working! PM me if you need me.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
dude i lend a hand for free...
Sweet, I tend to fill freely offered hands with beer or shots, hope thats ok with ya
And so far, things look good, another few days I will know if I can afford what has to be done or if its back to the drawing board.
Lots of guys have offered help and just as important, knowledge.
My thanks again to all of you I will keep this thread updated, and / or pester you with PMs if this plan goes south.