Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a Z28 Soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Z28 Soon

I've been looking for z28's for quite a while and am ready to buy soon. I wanted to know what is high mileage considered? Theres a few that range from 70-89k that I can get for a good price. Also should I go with the M6 or the A4 tranny? Im going to be using this as a daily driver and go out to the track on weekends, I heard the A4 is better for launching but I see my self enjoying the m6 better. Is there anything I should look at in fbodys with higher mileage? Thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Addict

Oil consumption

Dying window motors

piston slap maybe

nothing wrong with that milage. 12k per year is about the acceptable norm for average daily use.

a4 or m6 is personal choice (duh) both can go fast.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

mileage can vary greatly. a stock car with 90k should be reliable as long as regular maintence has been kept up. i would go for a 99+ due to small differences(but 98s are still good). if shes stayin stock, a M6 is more fun generally. i would check the following on any f-body im interested in. bump stops in the back. see if the axle tube is rubbed under the bump stop. taht would indicate hard driving possibly. check the coolant level. this basically jsut is an indication of maintence. also check oil level, brake fluid level. look for any wet areas on the bottom area of the engine. personally i would steer away from modded cars with higher mods, even if its just things like a shift kit or intake. that is a possible indication of harder driving also.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Teching In

I found an 02 blue z28 with 21k, the list price is $17,000. Should I try to knock it down 2 g's or can dealers possibly go lower?