Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Painting TT2's centers Pewter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting TT2's centers Pewter?

I have a Pewter 02 Z28, and I plan on getting TT2's. I have seen them with painted or powder coated centers in gun metal, and black. I don't really like the gun metal and pewter combination, and I hate black wheels on any color car. What do you guys think about painting the centers pewter to match the car? As far as I know this has not been done before. I can have them painted for free, I will just have to buy the paint. I figured this would also significantly cut down on polishing time. Let me know what you think.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

I think TT2 with the centers painted pewter would look nice. I also don't care for black wheels. I went with graphite metalic on mine. It's a little darker than the car paint but from certain angles in the sun it seems to match the paint a little. When I decided to paint them, some people thought I should leave them polished but I wanted something different. I don't regret painting them at all. Cleaning is much easier now especially after I put some wax on them. I would suggest putting a clearcoat as well.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrcws6
I think TT2 with the centers painted pewter would look nice. I also don't care for black wheels. I went with graphite metalic on mine. It's a little darker than the car paint but from certain angles in the sun it seems to match the paint a little. When I decided to paint them, some people thought I should leave them polished but I wanted something different. I don't regret painting them at all. Cleaning is much easier now especially after I put some wax on them. I would suggest putting a clearcoat as well.
Your car looks sweet! I was definitly going to clear coat them. I had the TT2's on mt 69 RS/SS and they were a royal PITA to keep polished. I just received the latest chevy high performance and they had a company selling the TT2's with chrome centers for $100.00 more a wheel and they also had TT2's in 18's. I might consider the 18's and paint the centers. I have to see how the tax return is.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to see how it looks as well, should look nice
Old 02-06-2006, 11:13 PM
10 Second Club

i dont want to hijack the thread but this is what i did to my brothers wheels..

painted like the 35th wheels... but normaly where the 35th wheels are machined we painted them pewter to match the body color, and it does perfectly

he might be getting rid of them, pm me if you are interested
Old 02-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Teching In

I have a SOM Hawk and I jus bought a set of TT's. What did u use to paint your wheels? BTW your car look sharp!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cop Car
i dont want to hijack the thread but this is what i did to my brothers wheels..

painted like the 35th wheels... but normaly where the 35th wheels are machined we painted them pewter to match the body color, and it does perfectly

he might be getting rid of them, pm me if you are interested

The wheels look good. Thanks for the pics. However, I am not interested in that style of wheel. I really like the TT2's on camaros. I will start with them on the car polished and see how I like them, and see if I get sick of polishing again.