Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger or Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger or Vortech

Ok so ive heard good and bad things about both of them. what are the advantages/disadvantges if either system
Old 02-06-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Smile procharger

I would def. go with the procharger d-1sc or p-1sc depending on what your future plans are.(if you want more boost) I like the twin high flow air-air intercoolers rather than the aftercooler vortech supplies. But its your choice. good luck with the purchase.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

They both have there pro's and cons and which is better all depends on who you talk to. Everyone is biased to what they have. I love my vortech and it's perfect for me. The only real downside to the vortech kits is your pretty much limited to the one head unit. It's fine unless you wanna make more then 550rwhp. If you wanna make more you either have to go procharger with the bigger headunit and or get a custom vortech kit with a t-trim headunit. Good luck with whatever you get. My specs and numbers are in my sig.
Bob
Old 02-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Launching!

so dont prochargrs make the ram air useless? i bought my car for that so if it does i guess im gona go vortech or N/A thanks for the help though
Old 02-06-2006, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

About the ram air(from what i understand) it really wouldnt matter once you got the supercharger on there because #1.the system eliminates the air box and #2. the ram air doesn't give much extra hp, especially once you get the procharger on there. Some good qualities about ProchargerC uses billet impellers; PC has some self contained models so you don't have to run oils lines; PC *claims* more horspower than the competion pound for pound of boost; PC has air to air intrecoolers; PC *claims* easy installation without any special tools. I don't have a supercharger so i can tell you if any of them are good from experience, the only reason i vouched for PC is cause i read up a lot on them and from what i learned they sound like the way to go. if you go to their site you can request a complete packet by mail on all the stuff they have for the LS1 and it's totaly free. I'm not downgrading vortech or any of the other SC's it's just that Procharger is the only one that i really know anything about so i figured i might as well share that info