Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What would this combo be capable of?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:22 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What would this combo be capable of?

As I explore different options, I thought about going with a procharger. I have a heads/cam stock motor now making roughly 420-430 rwhp. If I got a forger bottom end, blower cam, same heads, and a p1sc and supporting fuel system, what kind of power could it make on pump gas? I'm thinking like a low compression 346, my MTI stage 2 heads, LS6 intake, A4 with proper convertor, any supporting mods, etc. Would 600 rwhp be easily obtained? Also I would intercool it. Or do I need a D1sc? Can I keep my A/C with it? Will my built 4l60e live for long behind it? This is a street car and must be reliable and on pump gas. I've had turbo cars, spray, and a couple roots blowers, but I've always gotten wood when I hear that supercharger whine, just so badass. Plus, with the blower vs. turbo, theres less chance of overboost and more consistency. Packaging is easier too. I have a good exhaust, good fuel system, injectors, etc. Is using the stock ecm a good idea as well? Thanks for the help!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

D1,intecooled,4L60 will not last,stock ecu is fine.you said u have a good fuel system....i hope that means -AN lines 60# injectors rails probably a good fuel pressure regulator pump(s).Other than that id only be concerned about the heads raising the CR too much,whats the cc on them?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll want to be about 9:1 or so on compression. Injectors should be 60#'ers, and yes you'll need the D1 because it is more effecient. You can keep your A/C if you wish, although depending how hard you push the engine you'll want to think about a new radiator. For street applications, the stock one will be fine, but if you plan to auto-x, a bigger radiator is needed. You will need intercoolers and a blower cam to crack 600rw. But we have done this setup before. I think a built 4l60e would stand up to the task depending what was done.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. No auto-x here, only street use and drag racing. Its no problem to upgrade the radiator either. My heads are MTI stage 2's, no idea on cc. I figured dished pistons would bring the cr down.