LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No Oil Pressure!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Oil Pressure!!!

I finally got my fuel pump issue resolved today and after making a beautiful test run, I looked down and saw I had no oil pressure. I ran it for probably 20 seconds after that to get it home and shut it off before any noises arose. I checked the oil....fine.....then I pulled the valve cover breather and saw lots of milky sludge. I fired it up again and shut it off since the lifters started to tick. SH*T!!! I doubt the oil pump drive shaft broke since it's hardened, could it be the oil pressure bypass valve? Either way there's obviously water in the oil so it's screwed anyway. Damnit! Any guesses?
Old 02-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Launching!

take off the valve cover and crank it up and look to see if the oil is coming up throught the rocker if not shut it down quik if oil is coming up you may have disconnted the wire for the oil gauge. it should only take a few seconds for the oil to come up it shouldn`t hurt the engine to test it quickly
Old 02-07-2006, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

I can already hear the lifters ticking. I'm sure there's no oil circulating.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

i wouldn't crank it too much if there's no oil circulating....i'd hate to see a smaller problem turn into rebuilding a bottom end

Quick Reply: No Oil Pressure!!!