Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

D1SC install questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1SC install questions

ok so im thinking i might try and install this bad boy myself since the paying someone to do it would be a lot of $$$$$. Im not sure how hard it is to install for someone without very much experience ..... so maybe you all can give me your opinion of whether this install can be done by newb...but anyway onto the questions

1. I have the 8rib setup so i assume i need to purchase the ATI(not the same ATI) harmonic balancer in order to get this thing going properly... my question is regarding the crank pin drill kit...(on EPP site) is this necessary to ensure everything runs smoothely ..i never heard of this before i checked out the site ? and im not exactly sure what it is to be honest so maybe someone could fill me in here as well ?

2. My other question is regardign the fuel management.... From reading through this forum i know im going to need some bigger injectors, i was planning on going with the SVO42lb, and an intank fuel pump. The Walbro 240lph seemed to be a popular choice, but after reading through the Procharger install manual it seems that they already supply you with an in-line fule pump rated at 240lph.... are people running this in addition to an intank pump or are they running an intank in place of this ? Im a little confused on the exact setup of the fuel delivery.

** on a side note im not looking to run more than 500hp right now, this is my daily driver and im just trying to install the D1SC as it comes...my car stil has stock internals, so im not trying to pull some insane numbers from this setup, i just want to do it right and do it right from the start.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a straight forward install, if you take your time and don't rush it. Install manual is great, read it and use it and you will be fine.
As for the ATI superdampner yes it is needed and pinning it is a must. The pining kit is not a problem EPP will walk you through it, great guys. The kit is well designed for the the task. Pinning the crank is a must, will save you problems in the long run!!

As for fuel 42#s are a good choice, along with a good pump as well. To save your self some aggravation go with the Racetronics pump and harness. It is a direct plug and play install. Well worth the extra work and few more $$$. You wont need the in-line booster pump.

As for the Kit if you get with BoB @ EPP he can set you up with the Items you need and don't need. For a easy install.

Yes I can say you wont have questions when your in the middle of doing it, but I see no reason why you could not. If you have a problem all you have to do is ask, there is plenty of help here. And when all is done you can say that "you" installed it.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

alright, so just to recap and make sure i get this right your saying that the in line 240lph pump to just leave that off and go with an intank instead, and the pin kit is a must. Alright, well thanks for the help ill probably be back on here with more Q's once i start to get this thing on. Ill probably give Bob a call as well.....

Quick question though, just cause im curious....but how come the inline 240lph pump is no good and its better to go with an intank, is there a particular reason for this or is the intank just a more reliable setup ?
Old 02-08-2006, 04:44 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran well into the 10s and over 500rwhp with that ATI inline pump and the stock pump. For now it will work just fine and its easy to install. Dont know if the ATI driections still want you to pullt carpet and whatnot but I can show you a better place to mount then they use. I didnt get much more power before the pump crapped with a racetronix setup then the stock + ATI inline so why waste the $$.

Pin kit you need is from the ATI balancer company and is a must. ATI/procharger sells a pin kit for use with the stock balancer - two different things

If you are going to buy injectors buy some 60s, not much more money and they are super easy to tune. I drove my stock car around with 60s with no mods at all and you wouldnt even know so may as well spend the money once.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/444339-good-ati-vs-vortech-article.html

vid of that inline pump doing just fine even with a 50 shot on top of the P1SC in a 3580lb car..
Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

thats great, thanks for all the info.... $$$ is whats keeping me from getting this thing on so any money saved puts me that closer to being able to get this on. 10 seconds at 500rwhp + is good enough to convince me the inline is good enough

Based on the instructions i have it looks like they have you pull the carpet and put the bolts through the rear seat back sheet metal. So if you have a better/clever place you mounted it would be interested to check it out....

PS thanks for all the great informative responses
Old 02-08-2006, 11:23 PM
kp
8 Second Club

I thought I had some better pics but this is it. If you look where the bracket is its bolted to the little rib that runs horizontal. Just make sure the fuel lines stay away from the torque arm. I just used two of the three holes on the bracket - you will see what I'm talking about from under the car. Saves a little time anyhow..
Old 02-09-2006, 04:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

There is a place on Ebay selling SVO 42lb injectors for something like $255.00, which is a steal, someone also mentioned that Summit now has them at that price. That is less than what I can get them for...
New Era performance has the Motron 60lb injectors on sale for $419.00 shipped, which is also a great price. I agree with KP, go for the 60lb injectors if you can. Most people end up really getting into boost, and eventually the 42lb injectors aren't large enough, and they have to end up buying the 60's. Bob
Old 02-09-2006, 06:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey KP are you at stock compression ratio?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:47 AM
On The Tree

I know what that's like
Old 02-09-2006, 11:11 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by fastlt1
Hey KP are you at stock compression ratio?
I was 9.8:1 or so, -2cc pistons and some stock chamber polishing.

Man them 42s got cheap LOL.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by kp
I was 9.8:1 or so, -2cc pistons and some stock chamber polishing.

Man them 42s got cheap LOL.
No kidding! It's good to see something that is dropping in price. Bob
Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

well i dont plan on upping the boost anytime soon, and at that price it looks like 42s are going to be whats goin on the car. Thanks for the tip on the lower price bob, good to see some a business man who can still admit there is a better price somewhere else. Ill probably be ordering an ATI pulley and a pin kit from you sometime in the near future.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by 5.7LoFuN
well i dont plan on upping the boost anytime soon, and at that price it looks like 42s are going to be whats goin on the car. Thanks for the tip on the lower price bob, good to see some a business man who can still admit there is a better price somewhere else. Ill probably be ordering an ATI pulley and a pin kit from you sometime in the near future.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Bob

Quick Reply: D1SC install questions