LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

About to order the Meziere Electric WP...

Old 02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default About to order the Meziere Electric WP...

So anybody have any good or bad testimonials before I order it?? I hear they are good for 10 rear wheel or so... Any imput appreciated because I will be ordering it tomorrow. Thanks.

Chris
Old 02-08-2006, 08:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have one, i dont know what i picked up, because i did the water pump when i did the 383, just make sure you wire it good, no power, no water flow, over heated motor
Old 02-09-2006, 10:02 AM
9 Second Club

have one also. the first one that was sent from jegs had been dropped and was locked up. had to send it back before they would send me another. that sucked!! after i got another ,everything was fine. it works great and the car runs 15-20 degrees cooler. and probably worth around a tenth in the 8th mile. i also had my dad machine the waterpump drive gears off the upper timing chain to free up some weight. this makes the eng. rev a little faster. its been on over a year and havent had any problems.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

As mentioned, make sure you wire it to a solid +12V (switched of course) and a solid ground. If you're electrically inclined (or just feel like doing it), you can wire a light indicator as well... I wired mine up this way (but without the 'bad ground' indicator - but the reason I mention grounding is that a friend of mine put his on a 'dirty' ground and had all kinds of problems). I also put a switch on it so I could turn the pump off while programming with LT1Edit or Tunercat (saving my battery voltage). The LED has also served the purpose of reminding me to turn the pump back on.

http://www.akmcables.com/2ledmez.jpg

Search this Thread