Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Twin to FMIC.. how to go about plumbing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger Twin to FMIC.. how to go about plumbing?

I'm 50% sure I want to do this. My biggest dilemma right now is figuring out how to get all of the piping done. I do NOT have easy access to a mandrel bender.

So... if I'm going the "custom" route and NOT buying a kit, would you have ANY idea what I need to do as far as piping goes?

I'm looking for advice from someone who has done this before...

What bends did you buy? How much cutting was involved? Did you have to get piping bent anywhere?

Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

I got all my pipe in generic bends from summit and jegs. Then took it to a muffler shop and they did the cutting and welding.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

I'd have access to welding torches and all kinds of cutting devices that would be good enough to do the job. Would that alone be enough to get everything all done? Without the use of a mandrel bender?

Also, can I just go ahead and weld the system so I don't have to waste time and money with silicone and T-bolt clamps? Of course I wouldn't be able to do that for the MAF and TB, but for the rest of the system..?
Old 02-08-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look on e-bay there are a bunch who sell bends(90,s 45,s "U" "J"), couplings and clamps ect. You can cut mock and weld as needed. I think your going to have your hands full with a project like this. Trying to plumb a FMIC and the Twins. Projects like this always seem easier on paper vs when you get started. At least it did for me when I made my custom setup. But who say it cant be done.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/448685-pics-your-supercharger-setups-procharger.html
Old 02-08-2006, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Just to clarify- I'd like to ditch the twin setup and replace it with a FMIC. Not keep them both.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:32 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Mike McCullough's Trans-Am in the project car section of my website, as I have a lot of pics of the front mount install. Bob

Quick Reply: Procharger Twin to FMIC.. how to go about plumbing?