Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help guys!!! went to drive to work this morning and no gears!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help guys!!! went to drive to work this morning and no gears!

Hey guys, well I went to go to work this mornign and I put the car in reverse and nothing happens, I thought mabey since it was cold it jsut didnt want to move like how my F350 does sometimes but I switched threw all gears and let the car sit for a minuet. I pulled up my shifter console and all connections there are good, but not gettin it to **** into any gears. So Im thinking the cable going to the trans is snapped or something.

Has anyone had to replace these? are they hard to do? easy to get to from underneath?

by the way my car is a 1993 Z28 with the automatic 4 speed. I think these ae a lil different than the 94+ modles cause these are hydraulic controlled and not electronic controlled.

If anyone has some input please let me know - Garth
Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default quick check

First things first. Check to see if the shifter lever on the trans is even moving. If not replace the cable. This might require two people to check this. If lever is moving make sure it's full of oil. Check this while running. If it still won't move sounds like you may need a trans. We are running a free shipping special this month. Any questions, please feel free to call!! Vince
Old 02-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Launching!

trans was rebuilt 9,000 miles ago so it should be that bad......I htink i might possibly be the cable since sometimes it gets stiff or real hard to pull down into 2nd from D or OD (3rd or 4th)
Old 02-09-2006, 12:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Even firster, as far as first things go, is fluid level.

If you can feel a detent action as you move from
gear to gear then the cable is still in one piece.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Launching!

yeah I dont feel anythign but rpm chance but the rpm is supposed to drop as u go from park to R or D.....I sut got in to home now at 12:45am so I'll look at it tomm lol.....I have my motorcycle to get me where I need to be until then.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Launching!

got under the car this monring, it was the shift linkage, I tried pushing it bak on but it jsut falls off, kinda a weird set up they have...I tried using a zip-tie to hold it on but I remebered it has to more back and fourth so that wasent going to work so I put a piece of the tie into the hole ands pushed it onto the trans mount....held fine all the way to work but Im gunan fix it for sure here.

Thanx guys

Search this Thread