General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP my brothers car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP my brothers car wont start

HELP my brothers car wont start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brothers car wont start and the battery is strong
It is a 1999 Z-28 with a 6 speed tranny and it wont do anything
when you turn the key, everything works but when you turn the starter nothing happens

so we tried to push start it and it would run for a second or two and stop
we hooked jumper cables to it and still nothing

would a bad clutch safety swich not let you clutch start it or not

any halp would be great

he said it did it 2 days ago but after a while it started up just fine

thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

how about just the starter?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

How about VATS? My car did that a couple of times but after about ten minutes it would start but one day i went to see if could trade it in but it didn't want to start... perferct timing... but i got some of the salesman to push started it and it kinda didn't want to stay on but it did after a while. So when i drove back to the hotel...was in dallas at the time... the security light was on all the way. is your security blink when its trying to stay on. do a search to see how to fix it. The VATS is the theft detterent system that will not let the car start if you don;t have the right resistor that's on your key and sometimes the VATS stops working and won't let it start or it could be the resistor in the key
It could also be the starter relay...i heard you can switch them around to find out if one of them is broken.. let us know what works
Old 02-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned

If you/he has two keys try a different key like ABE99 says seriously I had that same problem for a while and couldn't figure it out thought it was the shock sensor cause everyday at work the UPS guy whom I know would rev and my car would honk once, turns out it was the key. so try that if that doesn't work I would say back to square one and check the starter connection.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

If you/he has two keys try a different key like ABE99 says seriously I had that same problem for a while and couldn't figure it out thought it was the shock sensor cause everyday at work the UPS guy whom I know would rev and my car would honk once, turns out it was the key. so try that if that doesn't work I would say back to square one and check the starter connection.