Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Is the site crashing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 12:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Is the site crashing?

For a few weeks now it has been eating posts and doing strange things. the last 24 hours it is getting worse and worse. I have been luck on a few to be able to just back up to where i was at and go forward again. some times it work some times I have to repeat over and over and then just eat it.

Over the past few days one thing that sticks out over this is I can post...then others will post and it will say i was the last to post. ALSO I have seen where when i sign back into the site some of my posts will appear to have been posted when I signed in. Very strange. We have checked from six different systems and they will all read the same. I have also seen where the post will say some one has posted but it will not show up for up to 12 hours.

Is it just me or is the system loosing control of it it self?

I know I know they are working on it. How many more months?

I am not starting this post to cause problems just see if it is just every system in monroe or is it the site?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah mine does similar stuff. A few days ago I tried to post, and it didn't go through, then I came on later and it was posted. But the odd thing was, there were like 6 replies to that topic including mine (not including starting one) but on the page where it says views and replies, it only showed 5, so like it didn't count mine. Seems to be doing alright for me today though :-\
Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I've experienced problems over the last couple weeks also. I've learned to copy my post before I submit because it usually times out or just takes a real long time to post. Time for site upgrades.....

Mike
Old 02-10-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

I have had time out messages more often then not the last couple of days. There for a while the site was moving like lightning then all of a sudden it has slowed to a snails' pace. Things are not updating on the server it sounds like. I have tried cleaning my cache and the problems still persist.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

And here I thought it was just Linda.....
Old 02-10-2006, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Word is they had a hard drive fail. it was replaced two days ago so every thing should be fine!

...Except it ate the post before this one
Old 02-10-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it was a failed HD. Brains is working on a solution but it all comes down to $. Corvette fourms has some rediculous amount of servers (12 I think). And we only have 3. For the amount of info that gets processed here we are pretty much making the servers runat 110%. Brains wants to get us set up like CF but until we get more sponsors paying or "member support" its going to take some time.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

... or maybe get a few people on the payroll here to take a cut in pay because for what they are charging sponsors and as many as I count on the side over here --> there should be more than enough moolah for dedicated hardware.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Yeah, it was a failed HD. Brains is working on a solution but it all comes down to $. Corvette fourms has some rediculous amount of servers (12 I think). And we only have 3. For the amount of info that gets processed here we are pretty much making the servers runat 110%. Brains wants to get us set up like CF but until we get more sponsors paying or "member support" its going to take some time.
Ok, that explains why it's so slow! At least we got the truth now instead of being told that it's our computers.. Thanks Boyce!
Old 02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
And here I thought it was just Linda.....
HA HA HA HA
Just for that...................I have found my next car,The Continental Flying Spur.........................so keep working that overtime!!!!

Quick Reply: Is the site crashing?