Cadillac CTS-V - CTS-V vs 06' GTO?

View Full Version : CTS-V vs 06' GTO?

N20LS1
02-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Which one is faster out of these two, stock?

Kadonny
02-10-2006, 09:57 AM
CTS-V I believe. I know it was faster for 05 to 60mph. Caddy has a higher rear.

dannystang
02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
At the track those goats are awfully slow donno why...

N20LS1
02-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Thats what I thought, but I've never seen them racing side by side.

Pro Stock John
02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I've heard of V's going faster on average, but I'd say it would be a driver's race.

Ryne @ CMS
02-10-2006, 12:06 PM
i raced my buddies 05 cts-v, against my 05 gto on the freeway, i pulled him a couple cars, nothing crazy, we both a have a dynotune, exhaust, and intake, but now he is going the heads/cam route, so i am toast.

NYTIGER
02-10-2006, 12:21 PM

Most stanks are slow.

Mat347
02-10-2006, 03:49 PM
One got a jump on me (hit it while he was behind me) and got about a car on me. At about 1/8th mile I was passing him. The only mod I have so far is the Volant CAI. I heard him idle and it at least had exhaust, stock cam though. They aren't slow, but stock for stock a V can take them without much trouble.

patisi
02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Not so sure who would win a race, but I am in Santa Clarita, CA. Just North of LA, and I have an '05 GTO M6, Palmdale or The Streets of Willow are good places to meet, or maybe even Fontana. Let's put this talk to rest once and for all. No street races spoken here. None of that " we started from dig , or from a roll, three honks, we had to shut it down because of the traffic etc." The weather has been nice here lately, actually slightly warm, these are track days. Let's go.

dannystang
02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
No need I have some videos stock vs stock running, then timed runs...(at a track)

I still dont get why those goats are such cows.

Rob
02-11-2006, 08:58 AM
They are pretty evenly matched. Really depends on driver. We've had quite a few '04's get down to very low 13's bone stock and '05's dip into the 12's bone stock. So V's ought to be right there in the mix.

Haven't seen but one '05 Mustang that got into the 13's, he ran a 13.9. I know there are faster ones than that but haven't seen them at the tracks I hit. I guess that makes them cows...

patisi
02-11-2006, 11:31 AM
No need I have some videos stock vs stock running, then timed runs...(at a track)

Yeah, just like I thought, no takers in the Los Angeles Area !!! Won't it be nice to have two people on the board one with a CTS-V vs the other with a Goat ('04/'05) stock or otherwise, go to the track(s) in the LA area, and have a go at it as many times as they care to, and then report back to the board? Not videos froma friends run etc, but true tales from two board members here telling it like it happened at the track competing against each other. This talk about "a buddy of mine ran a GTO or CTS-V....blah, blah, blah gets old". How about "John Doe (CTS-V owner) and I (GTO Owner) went to Palmdale and did 4 passes, here are the results."

And oh by the way, we will be at Fontana, CA March 1 st, so please come see us or join us if you are in the area and have the time. Now that is talking.

Bad06GTO
02-11-2006, 02:23 PM

Such cows? The CTS-V weighs more than the GTO's, how do you guys have any room to talk? At the track doesn't mean anything except that the V out DROVE or out LAUNCHED the GTO. With 5 less hp and weighing 150+ lbs more, the V will lose with equal drivers. Bottom line. I've driven both many of times, and the GTO is definitely faster. I was not impressed with the V at all. I haven't seen any impressive times from the V either. Also, what's the fastest street driven V run? The V is a nice car, but not worth the $55K it is for one. In the real world, it is a drivers race, but if both cars have great drivers, the GTO will win. :)

patisi
02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I just see where the 2006 CTS-V has an LS2 Motor in it with the Tremec Tranny. Sound familiar? Read that as GTO / Corvettte.

ace996
02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
It's the gearing...that's what makes the V teh fast3r, and why GTO is pwned!!!!!

Enough of the strip-fag bravado...get thee to a roadcourse and so what these cars were born to do....
-ace

cvp33
02-11-2006, 10:43 PM
It's the gearing...that's what makes the V teh fast3r, and why GTO is pwned!!!!!

Enough of the strip-fag bravado...get thee to a roadcourse and so what these cars were born to do....
-ace

Yup! When we ran this past summer I smoke a GTO at the track. 13.5 to a 14.1. Track sucked and it was 95+ degrees out. He took me off the line, because I was afraid to launch my V with the weak diff' but after that, it was game over. Walked 'em easily. 3.73's and nothing more.

Jagular
02-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Yup! When we ran this past summer I smoke a GTO at the track. 13.5 to a 14.1. Track sucked and it was 95+ degrees out. He took me off the line, because I was afraid to launch my V with the weak diff' but after that, it was game over. Walked 'em easily. 3.73's and nothing more.

Might've been an '04 GTO (50 fewer horses), but between an '05 v. an CTS-V - it would be a driver's race.

Parker TX
02-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Stock vs. Stock is a joke. Mod your cars then talk the talk. I love the GTO, and I love my V. I wish I could own both...but I have Navi!

obZidian
02-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Whats with the GTO guys.... Are you upset because of your green radio?!

JK!!!!

Seriously, I have raced a few GTO's and honstly, the V will pull ahead, though its really to close and wont be a nasty walk but a walk to a car ahead. This is an interesting read:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_muscle_car_comparison/index.html

Its funny how i never thought that i would see such hating towards our V'z from a few ppl with almost the same configuration. But here i am, reading ppl calling out the V owners for a no bullsh#t race, blah blah blah.....hating from the get go... Where did all the animosity coome from? Wait a minute....are you guys pisst becuz we can lug around more girls and still be faster?! (Sorry, just having fun!!!)

Fellas, they are both nice rides and have their pros/cons. The V has its diff issues while the GTO is just a bit slower...but that is it...no big deal..only a few tenths!!! :)
and a few mph....

hehehe!!!!!

Seriously, the gearing in the V has it beat...same hp, V's a bit heavier, but has tighter gears.... To close you say?....Well i agree, but not enough to come over here and start bashing thats for sure....

patisi
02-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Whats with the GTO guys.... Are you upset because of your green radio?!

JK!!!!

Seriously, I have raced a few GTO's and honstly, the V will pull ahead, though its really to close and wont be a nasty walk but a walk to a car ahead. This is an interesting read:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_muscle_car_comparison/index.html

Its funny how i never thought that i would see such hating towards our V'z from a few ppl with almost the same configuration. But here i am, reading ppl calling out the V owners for a no bullsh#t race, blah blah blah.....hating from the get go... Where did all the animosity coome from? Wait a minute....are you guys pisst becuz we can lug around more girls and still be faster?! (Sorry, just having fun!!!)

Fellas, they are both nice rides and have their pros/cons. The V has its diff issues while the GTO is just a bit slower...but that is it...no big deal..only a few tenths!!! :)
and a few mph....

hehehe!!!!!

Seriously, the gearing in the V has it beat...same hp, V's a bit heavier, but has tighter gears.... To close you say?....Well i agree, but not enough to come over here and start bashing thats for sure....

Too bad you are in FLA. Where are the CTS-V owners in LA? It not hating I just want someone close by on this board to stand up and meet me at the track. It is that simple. Samething happened with the '04 Cobra, I happen to own one od those stock. The guys in SVT talked a lot until one agreed and we meet up in Palmdale, CA Did 5 passes at the track, results 3/5 for the GTO. Now are good buddies and he knows better. I am sure there are CTS-V owners in LA. Just tell one of them to come out to the track. Not a hating issue, just proof issue. Why is it that '06 CTS-V is an LS2 motor? Do you know why?

cvp33
02-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Why is it that '06 CTS-V is an LS2 motor? Do you know why?

LS6 was discontinued. LS2 is the corporate V8 now. You can find them in SSR's, GTO's, CTS-V's, etc. The LS6 is dead. Although the LS2 could use a few more of the LS6's parts. Like the intake.

obZidian
02-12-2006, 01:41 AM
The direction your taking that idea about the ls2 being in the 06 V is childish and absolutely absurd!!! You have to be kinding? right? You feel that the only reason the 06 V has the ls2 is becuz the GTO had it in 05? You think that the engine packages this cars get from stock really have to do with pure perfomance and not based or influenced by the financial/marketing strategies these mutli-million dollar automanufactures produce to entice us, the consumer?

Also, you can call out anyone you like, that is fine. As long as it is kept friendly brotha. Im sure that if no one actually came out to your calling, which almost sounds like you are giving us no choice and we HAVE TO show up, you'll just spread negative vibes about the V crowd...("I tried, but well, i guess they know the truth?"

If your intentions were honest then i apologize. But i feel that i may not be wrong and that is the way this is headed....

obZidian
02-12-2006, 01:44 AM
LS6 was discontinued. LS2 is the corporate V8 now. You can find them in SSR's, GTO's, CTS-V's, etc. The LS6 is dead. Although the LS2 could use a few more of the LS6's parts. Like the intake.

exactly!!! However, the ls6 is not dead just like elvis or yoda...hes just a floaty verson of himself but still the same yoda!! :)

Rob
02-12-2006, 05:11 AM
I know I wasn't bashing nor will I. I can go by my personal efforts at the track. The last time out when my car was stock, ran a 13.25. This was after finally figuring out how to launch without wheel hop. Had I continued to go, I'm sure I could have widdled that down to a 13.1x. But I already had mods and they were calling me to put them on :)

I have yet to see a stock V run at the track. The ones around here all have Maggies, so they are quite a bit faster.

I would love to have a V but the goat does the same for a whole lot less money. Granted you have better brakes and easier access to the back seat :)

Don't know where all the hate came from but hopefully just a friendly rivalry will come of it.

patisi
02-12-2006, 11:20 AM
The direction your taking that idea about the ls2 being in the 06 V is childish and absolutely absurd!!! You have to be kinding? right? You feel that the only reason the 06 V has the ls2 is becuz the GTO had it in 05? You think that the engine packages this cars get from stock really have to do with pure perfomance and not based or influenced by the financial/marketing strategies these mutli-million dollar automanufactures produce to entice us, the consumer?....

No, No, No. I am not sure why they put the LS2 in the '06 CTS-V. In fact I had no idea they had done this until I saw it at my local dealership. With regards to performance, I just don't see too many CTS-Vs at the track. Hence the request to have someone in the LA area come out to a track stock for stock. All in good fun. I really want to see what the car will do at the track. As I said, I want someone from this board so that we can both discuss the experience followed with some vidoes etc, not one of those my "My buddiy has a GTO and we ran from a roll, three honks or we ran from dig...." I hope you agree with the test model I am proposing. If it is a driver's race then so be it but one way or the other we put it to rest !!! I think this is more than fair.

Parker TX
02-12-2006, 12:13 PM
The 04 V would beat the 04 GTO hands down. Id be interested in seeing a 06 vs. 06 go at it since the playing field is a little more evenly matched.

Rob
02-12-2006, 03:59 PM
The 04 V would beat the 04 GTO hands down. Id be interested in seeing a 06 vs. 06 go at it since the playing field is a little more evenly matched.So what did your stock V run?

Like I said earlier, mine ran 13.2 stock.

Pro Stock John
02-12-2006, 04:36 PM
All the 05 GTO's went about 13.9 up here I think. But the LS2 ones went mid 13's.

Parker TX
02-12-2006, 05:19 PM
So what did your stock V run?

Like I said earlier, mine ran 13.2 stock.

I never to my V to the track EVER in fear of breaking the rear diff. I was really only interested in racing from a roll untill I got some tires put on it.

Jagular
02-12-2006, 06:27 PM
goats are gay

Hmmm. They are better built, are far more elegant (none of the razor-cut lines of the CTS), have a better interior, are lighter and are as fast as the CTS-Vs. In fact, GTOs are the best built cars GM has produced (it took Australia to do it!). I'm not bashing the Vs, mind you. I like the Vs and looked long and hard at one before buying a GTO.

Someone wrote recently that they were sorry that GM called the new GTO a GTO. I agree, wholeheartedly. The new GTO is so much better than anything GM has produced it's a shame that they reference an old piece of crap like DeLorean's overweight, one-dimensional land yacht to something this good.

Sullen Clothing
02-12-2006, 07:56 PM
No, No, No. I am not sure why they put the LS2 in the '06 CTS-V. In fact I had no idea they had done this until I saw it at my local dealership. With regards to performance, I just don't see too many CTS-Vs at the track. Hence the request to have someone in the LA area come out to a track stock for stock. All in good fun. I really want to see what the car will do at the track. As I said, I want someone from this board so that we can both discuss the experience followed with some vidoes etc, not one of those my "My buddiy has a GTO and we ran from a roll, three honks or we ran from dig...." I hope you agree with the test model I am proposing. If it is a driver's race then so be it but one way or the other we put it to rest !!! I think this is more than fair.

I have a V ill race you. All I see around here are old men and women that is probobly why no one wants to race. I am in Santa Clarita everyday so maybe sometime this month we will head to the track. I race Karts so it will be a wierd transition but im down for the challenge. I dont know why you guys keep arguing when they are both GM cars... Wierdos

cvp33
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I'll race you in my 300c SRT-8. :)

patisi
02-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I have a V ill race you. All I see around here are old men and women that is probobly why no one wants to race. I am in Santa Clarita everyday so maybe sometime this month we will head to the track. I race Karts so it will be a wierd transition but im down for the challenge. I dont know why you guys keep arguing when they are both GM cars... Wierdos

Glad to see, some one took the challenge. Meet me next week at the Cadillac Dealership in Valencia, on Creekside Road, I will be in an'05 CGM M6 GTO on Sunday the 19th at 1:00 PM. This is a stock for stock race, your choice Palmdale or Willow Springs.

obZidian
02-12-2006, 11:34 PM
NICE... have fun guys....

Sullen Clothing
02-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Glad to see, some one took the challenge. Meet me next week at the Cadillac Dealership in Valencia, on Creekside Road, I will be in an'05 CGM M6 GTO on Sunday the 19th at 1:00 PM. This is a stock for stock race, your choice Palmdale or Willow Springs.

Sorry I may sound dumb but what is the CMG and M6? I may need a little more time than a week. I have alot of stuff going on this month so ill try and squeeze in some time. If I cant beat you in grandmas cadillac ill try to shut you down with a little 30hp shifter kart. You can beat 30hp cant you? :drive:

obZidian
02-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Hmmm. They are better built, are far more elegant (none of the razor-cut lines of the CTS), have a better interior, are lighter and are as fast as the CTS-Vs. In fact, GTOs are the best built cars GM has produced (it took Australia to do it!). I'm not bashing the Vs, mind you. I like the Vs and looked long and hard at one before buying a GTO.

Someone wrote recently that they were sorry that GM called the new GTO a GTO. I agree, wholeheartedly. The new GTO is so much better than anything GM has produced it's a shame that they reference an old piece of crap like DeLorean's overweight, one-dimensional land yacht to something this good.

You obviously have no understanding of what a goat really is and more importantly, seeing a person that says they like a certain automobile so much but have NO idea of the heritage behind it reminds me that cars are also part of a business nd money needs to be made. :lurk:

Kinda reminds me of the modern day 350z owners.... "Datsun? Wait, is that a dishwasher?"

The new rear wheel drive platform is the key here and it so happened that it debuted in australia before here is just another marketing ploy designed to introduce a poduct and tailer it to the current market. Of course, at the disgretion of the current heads of the department.

The GTO isnt built better, are wat, 100 or so pounds lighter and its lines when compared to a V, IMO, are more ordinary, socially acceptable. The cadillac line is unique and not well acdepted becuz, well, you just dont see it alot and not the norm. Agreeable?

BUT, i love the gto-s..especially the 05/06. Interior is nice and the dual exhuast is a must, as well as the addition of the dual hood scoops. Moreoever, i have to agree that its almost pointless arguing about this becuz they are of the same "mother"....no reason is hating your bretheren... just alittle bit of brotherly "love" and poking fun wihtout getting caught!!! :) :devil:

obZidian
02-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Hey, those karts have no seat belts becuz they only have 30hp right? :)

I think the CGM is his color (C. Green Metallic?) and the M6 is well, his trans....manual 6spd.

patisi
02-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Sorry I may sound dumb but what is the CMG and M6? I may need a little more time than a week. I have alot of stuff going on this month so ill try and squeeze in some time. If I cant beat you in grandmas cadillac ill try to shut you down with a little 30hp shifter kart. You can beat 30hp cant you? :drive:

Car Color = Cyclone Grey Metallic (CGM), M6 = Tremec T56 (Manual Six Speed Tranny) Read Corvette (C5/C6), '03\'04 Cobra, Maybe '06 CTS-V Manual Tranny , not sure what is mated to the LS2, '06 CTS-V, it is probably a Tremec T56 Tranny too.

yesbill
02-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Car Color = Cyclone Grey Metallic (CGM), M6 = Tremec T56 (Manual Six Speed Tranny) Read Corvette (C5/C6), '03\'04 Cobra, Maybe '06 CTS-V Manual Tranny , not sure what is mated to the LS2, '06 CTS-V, it is probably a Tremec T56 Tranny too.
T-56 is also in Vipers,Aston Martins. 04 GTO's with the Tremec picked up the Z0-6 gear ratios as well.

mrgto
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Drivers race. Both same HP. V weighs more but has a 3.73 to a 3.42. V has better wider tires. Fairly even if you ask me. I wish I could have one.....a house was just a better investment for me.

Firehawk0220
02-14-2006, 03:51 PM
All the 05 GTO's went about 13.9 up here I think. But the LS2 ones went mid 13's.

You are thinking of the 2004 GTO's. The 2005 was the first year of the LS2. The 2005 and 2006 GTO's are almost identical. The differences are hardly worth mentioning.

Parker TX
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
No more gay bashing!

rushhour
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM

By the way - what be your time & ride?

From what I have seen @ Etown - 05/06 GTO vs CTS V - drivers race. 04 GTO vs CTS V - CTS wins unless he screws up.

platinum
02-14-2006, 06:24 PM
ok ok i love gtos. they rule. they are awesome. you win

Paul F
02-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Great now everyone play happy and no one will have a timeout.

BTW: I think the 05+ GTO are a very nice car. Best car for the money in my opinion. If I could get rid on my truck then I would have goat in a minute. We trade our '01 Corvette for the CTS-V and have never looked back. The V has it's short comings but it's one sexy car. :)

platinum
02-14-2006, 06:34 PM
paul you are breaking my heart you know

rushhour
02-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Paul - I agree with you on both cars. I would love to have a CTS V parked next to the GTO.

Just not thrilled with the V's stating that the GTO is some slug. 05 vs 05 should be a great race.

HTRDLNCN
02-14-2006, 07:52 PM
yup,I agree the 04 GTOs are really slow,,
anything can beat them..
yup....

Dbluegoat
02-14-2006, 08:01 PM
yep GTO's are shit.......at least our 2 door muscle cars dont have a WEAK ass diff......caddy is a really nice car but I dont think you can compare the 2....one is a 2 door muscle car the other is a 4 door sedan.....

Parker TX
02-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't have a WEAK ass diff! I also like the gtos, god knows what I would do to it if I had one too!

obZidian
02-14-2006, 10:53 PM
i once read the interior demensions of the two and the goat isnt that much smaller really. Its if the general just stretched the doors out a bit and blamo...tow door coupe!! :)

HTRDLNCN: I believe we are speaking about stock goats, not your "magc salsa" feed billy goat!!

Hey, its not a weak diff... its just that the drivers of these caddi's prefer thriple digit cruising than 10 mph under the maximum cruising!!!!

yellow04
02-14-2006, 11:11 PM

all 05s have the ls2 :eyes:

HRJ
02-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Why the hell does everyone use drag racing to measure the performance worth of IRS cars that were built for handling? LMMFAO......It's like playing basketball on a pool table.

HTRDLNCN
02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
HTRDLNCN: I believe we are speaking about stock goats, not your "magc salsa" feed billy goat!!
13.4@103 stock,stock tires
12.9@103.5 yank+predator+DRs
I know thats still slow but it gets the job done for me
for a poor ole slow 04 automatic....
;)

HTRDLNCN
02-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Why the hell does everyone use drag racing to measure the performance worth of IRS cars that were built for handling? LMMFAO......It's like playing basketball on a pool table.

makes me feel better about getting 1.6s on that same IRS?
:jest:

Basketball on a pool table? hmmmmm, that could be a new reality TV show...
:)

Parker TX
02-15-2006, 08:10 AM
makes me feel better about getting 1.6s on that same IRS?
:jest:

true true.

HRJ
02-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Hahaha....actually, I wouldn't be surprised. Some of the crap they have now isn't too far off.

patisi
02-15-2006, 12:16 PM

Even we can't race this Sunday you can still meet me the Valencia Dealership to chat. Maybe, we can go for test drives of each other's car. The Pontiac Dealership is just across the street too. What color is your car for me to know what I should be looking for? I heard and read a lot of good things abotu the CTS-V and it is the only 4 Dorr RWD car I will consider buying today. See you there or anyone else who cares to show up.

patisi
02-15-2006, 01:08 PM

Even we can't race this Sunday you can still meet me the Valencia Dealership to chat. Maybe, we can go for test drives of each other's car. The Pontiac Dealership is just across the street too. What color is your car for me to know what I should be looking for? I heard and read a lot of good things abotu the CTS-V and it is the only 4 Dorr RWD car I will consider buying today. See you there or anyone else who cares to show up.

obZidian
02-16-2006, 02:47 PM
it would be great if he showed up with that sissy, 30hp cart?! :)

TORNATIC!!
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
it would be great if he showed up with that sissy, 30hp cart?! :)

Hey, hey now I seen a shifter cart easily beat a Corvette. Power-to-weight ratio!!

Sullen Clothing
02-17-2006, 10:12 PM

Hey where you driving down Magic mnt parkway a couple of days ago past the dealerships?

Closer_2001
02-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Stock vs. Stock is a joke. Mod your cars then talk the talk. I love the GTO, and I love my V. I wish I could own both...but I have Navi!

Parker...Quick Q

Did you trade your Z06 for the TL ??

Parker TX
02-18-2006, 09:32 AM
LOL....No, I traded my 04' RSX type S for the TL. I've never had a ZO6, but I could keep wishing.

patisi
02-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey where you driving down Magic mnt parkway a couple of days ago past the dealerships?

No I was not, I may have been on Bouquet Canyon Road going to Best Buy. There maybe another CGM in town. Mine has the Rydell GM/Pontiac San Fernando Lic Plate Frame. There are three others in my hood, an '04 Purple, two '05 Blacks. But I have not seen another CGM. So do you want to meet? There is a also a kid with a White /'03'04 Cobra that is spoling for a fight on city streets. I know he just picked it up not too long ago from Power Chevrolet in town becuase the Owner traded it in for an '06 ZO6. Watch out for the kid, he is a little brash, reving at every light.

Closer_2001
02-18-2006, 03:43 PM
LOL....No, I traded my 04' RSX type S for the TL. I've never had a ZO6, but I could keep wishing.

That's cool...in a former life...when I was the sales manager at McDavid Acura... I had a guy from Trophy Club area trade a Red 03 Z for an 04 TL.

Just noticed your sig.

Parker TX
02-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Off topic, I LOVE the TL!!! Its one of the best cars I've ever had, maybe thats why I see them everywhere!

U LUZ
02-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Off topic, I LOVE the TL!!! Its one of the best cars I've ever had, maybe thats why I see them everywhere!

and have you seen his hair..:jest:

Parker TX
02-21-2006, 10:07 PM
mine?

BlueGoat06
02-22-2006, 01:20 PM
what's the weight on the 06 CTS-V???, it has the same engine as the 05/06 gto's, but a 3.73 vs 3.46 final ratio, same trannie and gear ratios though. i don't think the difference would be that much just using the final drive ratios for comparison sake. i remember reading something about the caddi been 3800 plus lbs.
the edge would go to the gto. the caddi would have a little mechanical advantage from a dig, but given the weak diff they have, i don't see how they would out launch a gto, and a 3.73 final drive is maybe 5-6% lower than a 3.46, so i don't think you would see or feel any difference at all.

obZidian
02-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Hey, hey now I seen a shifter cart easily beat a Corvette. Power-to-weight ratio!!

Hey, i know brotha!! I was being sarcastic!!!

obZidian
02-23-2006, 02:08 AM
what's the weight on the 06 CTS-V???, it has the same engine as the 05/06 gto's, but a 3.73 vs 3.46 final ratio, same trannie and gear ratios though. i don't think the difference would be that much just using the final drive ratios for comparison sake. i remember reading something about the caddi been 3800 plus lbs.
the edge would go to the gto. the caddi would have a little mechanical advantage from a dig, but given the weak diff they have, i don't see how they would out launch a gto, and a 3.73 final drive is maybe 5-6% lower than a 3.46, so i don't think you would see or feel any difference at all.

from a dig, well, a 190hp RSX can out launch a V!!! :jest: :bang:

I haven't had an honest race with a GTO yet, one guy surprised me and didn't slow down, just kept going when he saw i was chasing....

I feel that the two platforms are very similar, one gives up the weight advantage but has a gearing advantage and vice versa...

Drivers race. Whoever can shift the quickest and control the IRS in both cars, wins. Lets not forget that...both have IRS and both have a weak rear assembly...both got wheelhop and need the parts necesary to fix the issues.

Funny thing, both are GM and both have similar issues....gotta love it mang!!

Kadonny
02-27-2006, 12:09 PM
yep GTO's are shit.......at least our 2 door muscle cars dont have a WEAK ass diff......caddy is a really nice car but I dont think you can compare the 2....one is a 2 door muscle car the other is a 4 door sedan.....

Why cant you compare them? The lowly 4 door sedan will match your 2 door coupe stride for stride.

Parker TX
02-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Vs still = luxury

04ctsvfl
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM
stock gto beating a stock 04 cobra..3 out of 5 times..yea right. Unless he missed a gear 3 out of the 5 times. Or he was just the shittiest driver, and he shouldnt own a cobra. stock 04 cobras with a good driver should break into the 12's allllllllllll daaaayyyyyyy loooonnngggg.

obZidian
03-03-2006, 03:24 PM
yep... 03/04 cobra underratted and push over the 400hp range.

They are very mod friendly.

HEy, i was thinking of something.

I just finshed reading an article in GM high tech per. where they did a some rear mods on a goat. They have a similar if not the same driveshaft that a V has. Also, IRS. The wheelhop is also concern.

I never heard of a single goat owner complain about the clunk that we have. If we have identical/similar drivlines, then what is it that the V has that causes the clunk that teh goats don't have? Dual-mass flywheel? Strong bushings?

Can you swap out a goat rear, especially the nice one they had with that extra part for the diff into a V? Or how about the a bushing kit for the driveshaft and cradle? That would at least be a nice upgrade an strengthen the driveline in the V.