Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever bottom out their Macs??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever bottom out their Macs??

I actually used to have them on my 99 Hawk but I lived in a different place and had different roads. I am now in the burbs and much more speed bumps and driveway type stuff. I will be running Macs thier ORY and Magnaflow exhaust. When I bought the car it had Hookers ory & TD's on it and its too loud and low for me. When I add the new system I wanna make sure its livable and practical as a DD in real life situations. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually used to scrape the driver's side of the ory with my mac setup. I actually have better clearance now with pacesetter lt's/true duals than I had with macs/ory. If you want the best of both worlds, try longtubes/catted ypipe/SLP dual dual exhaust. It's one of the better flowing catbacks and is very tame sounding. If you're not lowering the car you should have plenty of clearance.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

Never scraped mine, and I have random tech cats in the Y. I had the same setup (macs, ory, magnaflow) and I hated it. It sounded like a ricer's fart can between 2k and 3k.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I know Macs are a little raspy, but I loved them on my Hawk. I started w/ SLP T|LTs with ory, then macs ory then Kooks ory. I dont remember the macs being bad at all. My SLPs were crazy with the Borla wide open. That **** was loud and raspy.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have Mac mid lenghs, and now Pacesetters. I haven't scraped either.