5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Sponsors & Buyers Please come in and let me know what you think

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsors & Buyers Please come in and let me know what you think

I thought this may be a good idea for everyone on our board, tell me what you think.

1st we need some sponsors willing to participate. It will be a monthly event one week out of the month, say the last week for example. The members of our website will vote for which products they want to see a great deal on ie,

#1 Engine - this would include
Shortblocks
Longblocks
Heads
Cranks
Rotating Assy's
Bearings
Pistons
Rods
etc.

#2 Transmission/Drivetrain - this would include
Stalls
Clutches
Drive Shafts
Complete Trannies
Rear Ends
Gears
etc.

#3 Induction - this would included
Intakes
TB
MAF
Lids
N2o kits
etc.

#4 Ehaust - this would include
Headers
Y/X pipes
Catbacks
Cut-outs
etc.

#5 Appearance/Suspension since alot of us don't care to upgrade the appearance this would give members an opportunity to buy suspension upgrades if you don't care about appearance. Not saying you don't care, just saying you don't care to upgrade the looks. This would include
PHB
Hoods
LCA
Spoilers
K-Members
STB
etc.

#6 Interior/Safety this would include
Floor mats
roll bars
audio upgrades
switch panels
gauges
etc.

How it Affects You

We would put a poll out to vote for which one you would like to see, I figure either engine, exhaust or induction would win everytime so we would eliminate a choice after is was chosen and therefore it would reset every 6 months. I believe every sponsor has at one of the items listed above and I believe that just about every member is either planning to buy or has bought one the parts listed above, or something containing to anyway, so this would help the member by getting sponsors to compete for their business and the sponsors by knowing what the consumers are interested in buying and giving them a chance to put out a great deal.

The Poll

The poll would be stickied in Sponsor Specials forum and would be closed 2 weeks before the week of the sales. This gives the buyer time to know what is going on special, and the sponsor time to check stock, order, and see what kind of deal they put together. So let's say we decide to try it for a couple months, the first poll open immediatly. It would close on the 12th of March at 12:00am. Like I said this gives the sponsor time to check stock. The sale would start on March 26th (Sunday) at 12:00am and end on April 1st at 11:59 pm. The poll for the next month would start after the poll for the current month begins. IE, the poll for March would end on March 12th so the poll for April will begin March 13th and last until April the 16th and the sale would start on April 30th and last until May the 6th. I know it lasts until May but that is the last week of the month.

The advantages to Buyers

With the 2 week wait time, if you will, it will give you time to save some money since you know what is going on sale and know about how much it will set you back anyway. Plus if what you voted on doesn't win the poll this month, keep voting because after say engines wins the poll, it will be removed from the poll for the next month and each time a particular subject wins it be removed until all the categories have been placed on sale, this would take 6 months. So what you are wanting will have to go on sale in at least 6 months.

Sponsors

First of all, you are the key to this working. I'm sure the buyers will come through if the prices are good, and the teamwork is shown from you all. You will get to see what is wanted, who wants it, and place a sale for one week a month. You would not be limited to 1 item, just a group of items. Example, say exhaust wins, you could do a set of headers or 10 sets of headers at a sale price, a y-pipe, cut-outs etc., however far you and your company want to go with it. I would suggest no price match during this sale, because if a company decides they may want to lose 20 bucks on a set of headers and hope to regain it through the y pipe, then another company is doing the opposite then one of the 2 retailers would lose alot of $. That is why I say this. It's not for the buyers to get over on the sponsors or the opposite. It's for everyone.

What do you guys think about this???

Call it the battle of the sponsors week?
Old 02-11-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

no one has time to do this.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

gee thanks. Just an idea. dont get ur panties in a wad
Old 02-12-2006, 06:24 AM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

My sale never ends. Rex
Old 02-12-2006, 11:36 PM
TECH Veteran

its actually a very interesting idea. its a cool twist on supply and demand. granted the logistics is a bit out there but once it was setup it probably wouldnt need much outside help.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I thought it might work. It looks like it has gotten a wide array of reviews from the members. Oh well, just trying to help everyone out. If anyone would like to try and pursue this please pm me I guess. I'll send John a pm and see what he thinks.

Thanks for the input anyway though,

BT