Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

ISO: nickle car by April

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ISO: nickle car by April

Thought I would ask here as checking local listings, trust you all is why.

I need to find a nickle car (under $600) by April - my son was accepted to Swedish on their program 6 months earlier than we thought. He just needs something to get around the city in, no commuting but its easier for him to drive to Redmond then grab the bus from there into downtown.

Anyone got any leads or know if they are going to dump something by then please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Oh man I just picked up a 1972 Volvo 144 for exactly $600 today lol. It's for my little sister, for her first car. Just what she wanted odly enough. 17k on rebuilt engine and 4k on brakes, shocks, springs replaced . Check out http://seattle.craigslist.com and you will be sure to find deals! Good luck
Old 02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Poik
Oh man I just picked up a 1972 Volvo 144 for exactly $600 today lol. It's for my little sister, for her first car. Just what she wanted odly enough. 17k on rebuilt engine and 4k on brakes, shocks, springs replaced . Check out http://seattle.craigslist.com and you will be sure to find deals! Good luck
You skinny bastard!
Craigslist is the second place I'll check, the part I hate is making sure it isn't trashed whereas here, I expect its been trashed

I'd really like to surprise him by finding another 1976 Caddy ElDorado. It was his first car and then second - he loves those things. Unfortunately finding one under $7,000 in good shape doesn't happen often.

Now don't get your sees-ter in trouble by doing a few 'mods' to her car. Its your job to keep her out of trouble, big brother
Old 02-12-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Who you callin skinny!

Oh don't worry, the engine is NA, and the only mods I plan to do to it is put a quiet muffler on it because all it has now is a glasspack LOL. It will be a good first car for her.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Poik
Who you callin skinny!

Oh don't worry, the engine is NA, and the only mods I plan to do to it is put a quiet muffler on it because all it has now is a glasspack LOL. It will be a good first car for her.
ah ah ah GLASSPACK WTF???

I'm seriously feeling old right now...
Old 02-13-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
ah ah ah GLASSPACK WTF???

I'm seriously feeling old right now...
I remember going into the parts stores in the 80's and them having barrels of those "Cherry Bomb" glass pack mufflers in every other aisle.

Quick Reply: ISO: nickle car by April