General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wipers won't park

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wipers won't park

Prolly one of the dumbest things I have ever done. My car was covered in snow and the snowbrush was in the trunk which froze shut to my luck, I cleared most of the car by hand, and i figured i could use the wipers. Well they worked fine, but snow crowded up at the bottom of my windshield and i turned off the wipers and the snow prevented the motor from bringing the wipers to the park position.

Well now the wipers still work but they wont park! Kind of annoying while driving. Anyway is my wiper motor completely broken or did i just mess up some kind of adjustment and need to go in there and re align a switch or something?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

You probably just knocked them out of alignment. Pull up the plastic piece at the base of the wiper arm. It should come up fairly easy. Take a 1/2" socket or wrench and loosen the nut. Park the arms were you want them. Tighten the nut, and replace the plastic piece. You're set.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Okay now I feel even dumber....I wrote this post after i got home, and I hadn't started the car back up yet. I just turned the car on an hour ago and they went back into postion.....I guess the computer thought they were down when they really weren't, and when I turned the car on and off it reset it.....I love GM. Too bad all my other problems won't automatically fix themselves if I turn the car on and off...
Old 02-16-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kev98Ta
You probably just knocked them out of alignment. Pull up the plastic piece at the base of the wiper arm. It should come up fairly easy. Take a 1/2" socket or wrench and loosen the nut. Park the arms were you want them. Tighten the nut, and replace the plastic piece. You're set.
How tight does that nut need to be, is there a spec or just snug it down?