Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

17s or 18s and nitto dr?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:55 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17s or 18s and nitto dr?

ok my first question is how much would a chrome 18inch ZO6 rim slow me down as compared to the stock 16s on my formula. i cant decide if i want to go with 18s or 17s, i dont want to go with a big rim if its really going to hurt my et.

another question is do you think i would be ok putting a nitto dr on the rear. i drive about 13 miles to work and 13 miles from work each day, and the car would be driven in the rain to.

i tried searching for both answers but couldnt find what i was looking for, help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 09:58 AM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

nobody can help me?
Old 02-13-2006, 03:45 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

cmon ppl somebody should be able to help me.

i mainly want to know if some chrome 18s will slow me down. i know there is a lot more rotational mass and if the difference between a chrome 17 or 18 would have a big difference compared to the stockers.

please help me
Old 02-13-2006, 04:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

yea, the wheel/tire forum is slow. i dont no too much but ill try to help ya. If your car is going to be at the track a lot, go with 17s or even 16's. The 17s will hook better due to more sidewall. The 18s will be a little heavier and less sidewall so not as good of traction. However, if its mostly a street cruiser car, i say you cant beat the look of 18's, and some 305/35 nittos on those wouldnt be too bad either. But the question is. how often will you be at the track? Maybe 18s for daily use if u only go to the track once a month or so, and 15's or 16's with stickies to mount up when you go to the track.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 02-13-2006, 04:22 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

well ill be going to the track quite a bit, im the kind of person that doesnt want to have to change his car for the track. i like just being able to drive there, lower the tire pressure and race, i dont want ot have to swap wheels before going to or at the track because thats what i did with my mustang and it was to much of a hassle to me. and i dont want to go with too agresive of a tire becuase i heard m6+10 bolt+traction=brocken car stuck at the line

if i get 18s i will get some chrome ZO6 rims but them drag radials are expensive for 18s. i also think the car migt look like a monster truck with 18s if i dont lower it and my buddy said the ride will suck with 18s, but they look so nice.

If i get 17s i think i might go with the y2k vette rims because a i seen another formula with them and they look pretty sharp, or something thats similar

Last edited by JDP; 02-13-2006 at 04:28 PM.