Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

loose qd clutch line fitting on slave

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy loose qd clutch line fitting on slave

Hi guys, I may have a problem with my quick disconnect line on the slave cylinder ('01 t56). I noticed tonight as I was bleeding the slave cylinder that the green fitting was kinda loose inside the tranny. It moves some back and forth when you press in the clutch too. At first I thought the whole slave may have been loose, but the bleeder doesn't move at all, so that's not it. I haven't been able to get any light into there to see with my mirror what all is moving yet, and because I was bleeding the slave I wouldn't know if it was leaking or anything cuz i already have a dripping mess. please tell me it's OK for that connection to be moving some! I'll be so bummed if I have to pull the tranny to fix this. This is a swap I'm finishing up btw, so I have no history of whether any fluid was leaking before.

thanks for the help!

-jeff
Old 02-13-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

The hydrolic line does move just like the brake lines move when pressure is pushed through.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

That fitting on mine moves to. I thought the same thing as you because it's a conversion for me as well. I didn't see any leaks so hopefully it's just normal.

Dan
Old 02-13-2006, 08:04 PM
Teching In

PHEW! thanks guys! I didn't notice any new leaks this morning when I pumped the pedal a few times, so hopefully things are OK

My 93 rx7 with LS1 started up and ran for the first time today!

-jeff

Quick Reply: loose qd clutch line fitting on slave