LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some advice...

Okay, my 95 LT1 has about 52000 mi. on it...its completely stock. I really have no clue as to where to start on it...Ive never really been much of a guru when it comes to the motor..Ive always had it done for me, did the body work myself. I need some advice from someone on where to start with it. I like to get as much power out of it as I can.

--Adam--
Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

start by reading this https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...81#post2682281 and learn about the basic boltons and then go from there

Mark
Old 02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably want to figure out what you want to acheve. Race car? Street car? ect...
Old 02-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Well IMO the first thing to do to get performance is induction and exhaust. you have to get the car breathing well before it will start making lots of power. So my advise is headers (long tube, mids or shorties depending on what your looking for), Catback exhaust, and Cold Air Intake. after that you can get specific with suspension, gears, stall, wheels and tires... that sort of thing.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98vortecbw
Well IMO the first thing to do to get performance is induction and exhaust. you have to get the car breathing well before it will start making lots of power. So my advise is headers (long tube, mids or shorties depending on what your looking for), Catback exhaust, and Cold Air Intake. after that you can get specific with suspension, gears, stall, wheels and tires... that sort of thing.
He's dead on, basic breathing first, the rest will come with time, cam, tuning, suspension, heads, etc. Intake and exhaust are reasonable price wise for a first mod that makes a difference. Bone stock LT1 running 14.1 can pickup anywhere from 2 -4 tenths in the 1/4 with a good FIPK cold air setup, catback & something like Nittos, BFG drags, etc you'll get down to around 13.7 or better, add longtubes and you'll catch another couple 10ths.

Quick Reply: Need some advice...