Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

strange noises=not good!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange noises=not good!!!

Well i have a 00' z28 with right at 56k miles on it. I've had the WORST luck with my t-56, or what is left of it. Here is the down low - Previous owner had the tranny rebuilt with everythign stock GM on it. I drove it for about 4 months after that rebuild, and had a problem with the clutch not fully engaging/disengaging. Got that fixed. I believe they replaced the master and slave cylinders. Then about 2-3 months later i had a ticking noise comming from the transmission. When i would roll backwards in first(clutch in) it would tick as if you could hear each tooth on the gear scrapping/hitting something. It ended up being "some berings" as quoted by the jackass at the transmission shop i go to. Now is the current problem. I was driving normal when a loud 'clunking' noise just started to pop up out of no where. It is at random times and actually feels like the transmission is knocking something around inside or about to just fall apart. It feels like it is very clutch oriented and the gears sometimes slip out while driving. ANY ideas as to what this might be? I have a warrenty at the tranny shop i am taking it to but feel like i am being robbed of just have a GOOD t-56 in my hands. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?

thanks guy!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:54 PM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wel no matte what you have something coming apart inside. It has to come out of car & be disassembled. Something is not right. It will only get worse & do more damage.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If there is a warranty, ask them to replace the parts with upgraded parts available. I know I can rebuild a T56 with upgraded parts for what most shops charge for stock rebuilds. It might help some of the problems but without tearing it down, there could be alot wrong with it. Good luck with it.

Joe
T56Rebuilds.com