General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Needing a little help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing a little help

I was just curious, I'm repairing some parts on my car and needed a bit of help w/ price. I'm purchasing a factory lca, right rear axle, axle bearing, axle seal, synthetic lubricant, the right rear caliper, and right rear control arm. Purchasing these items + labor would cost me around 1000.00. Sounds a bit high to me, does this sound right to any of ya'll?
Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Trans Am
I was just curious, I'm repairing some parts on my car and needed a bit of help w/ price. I'm purchasing a factory lca, right rear axle, axle bearing, axle seal, synthetic lubricant, the right rear caliper, and right rear control arm. Purchasing these items + labor would cost me around 1000.00. Sounds a bit high to me, does this sound right to any of ya'll?
Well, let's just say I wouldn't pay that. The labor is probably killing you. Go to the "For Sale" section and you can buy a complete rear end for around a couple hundred dollars. Swapping the rear isn't hard. Lots of guys have their stock lower control arms and calipers they'd be happy to sell. You can post in the "Parts Wanted" section. You should be able to get running again for under $400 as long as you have some time. If you are in a rush, try the junk yard.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Trans Am
Well, let's just say I wouldn't pay that. The labor is probably killing you. Go to the "For Sale" section and you can buy a complete rear end for around a couple hundred dollars. Swapping the rear isn't hard. Lots of guys have their stock lower control arms and calipers they'd be happy to sell. You can post in the "Parts Wanted" section. You should be able to get running again for under $400 as long as you have some time. If you are in a rush, try the junk yard.