Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

3rd gear grinding .... help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3rd gear grinding .... help!

Ok here is my problem. I bought the car used with an unknown model clutch....well when i would shift gears at a normal rate of speed, all is well. But the problem is, when I floor the car, it goes 1st to 2nd smooth, then from 2nd to 3rd it grinds and its hard to get it in gear....then from 3rd on up its smooth....just when i floor the car it grinds in 3rd. I recently bought a new clutch and everything. Eveything involoved with the clutch is new and I am still having this problem. Does anyone know what is going on? Someone told me it could be a sensor for 3rd gear and the only way to fix that is to pull the tranny, take it apart and add the new sensor....does anyone have any ideas of what this could be.

any help would be great.
thanks
Old 02-15-2006, 10:43 PM
wrencher

Common problem , need to pull & rebuild the trans. It will need the steel 3/4 fork & blocker rings shift fork pads etc at least. Might need some speed gears also if the clutch teeth(on the gear) or torn up.
Has to be disassembled & inspected.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Teching In

I Have A Similair Issue, How Much We Talkin?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
wrencher

Depends you pull & do it Or send it out Or take the car in. It will be at the least $250 in parts to rebuild it. that is best case senerio.