Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

hub centric rings?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hub centric rings?

I had my privat's mounted and installed today and the dude at discount tire was trying to sell me a set of centring rings. Are these necessary? I thought as long as the bolt pattern was the same as stock, it wouldn't matter. He was trying to convince me that I'm going to "feel" a lot of feedback through the steering wheel without them.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work at a discount tire, as long as the wheel center bore fits flush with the hub on the axle in the rear and the spindle in the front. You don't need them. But if there is a gap between the two, its always a good idea to have. The idea behind it is that just because the bolt patterns are correct doesn't meant the lugs will seat them perfectly. The center will always make it mount perfectly. Take out the centercap on one of them. Check how much gap, if there even is one, and see if its a lot or not.....
Old 02-15-2006, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when i got my wheels at first i didnt have those and it put all the weight on the bolts rather than the hub and bent a couple of them. when i would try and take it off i snapped a few of the bolts. but since putting them on i havent had any problems. for like 15-20 bucks, its not much money and id rather pay that than deal with the bent bolts with lugs stuck on.

Quick Reply: hub centric rings?