Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redo my exhaust when installing headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redo my exhaust when installing headers?

Here's a question i've really been debating on lately. I'm getting my headers really soon, withing a month or two. I've already got a Magnaflow system, but I really don't want pipes coming out the back anymore (they won't flow with the car when I get my rims this month). So would it be worth the money to x-pipe it and dump the exhaust? Will I loose any power if I do this (I know i'll gain from the headers but i'm talking a loss of the Magnaflow)? Thanks for any help
Old 02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably will be better to dump b/c of the less restriction on the exhaust. Will have a gain of a few ponies.

My advise is to listen to sound clips and go with what you think sounds best. If it were me I like sound quality, so dumping it would be too loud for me. Up to you.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by clayton02LS1
Here's a question i've really been debating on lately. I'm getting my headers really soon, withing a month or two. I've already got a Magnaflow system, but I really don't want pipes coming out the back anymore (they won't flow with the car when I get my rims this month). So would it be worth the money to x-pipe it and dump the exhaust? Will I loose any power if I do this (I know i'll gain from the headers but i'm talking a loss of the Magnaflow)? Thanks for any help

You absolutely won't lose any power by switching from manifolds/magnaflow to headers/true duals......you'll gain quite a bit. I personally think dumped true duals is the only way to go, unless you can afford to run them all the way out the back. The sound alone is worth the money!!! JMO