Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Exhaust Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

Okay im planning on getting Pacesetter Lt's and 18" ST's and setting up a true dual sytem. I was wondering do I really need to buy exhaust pipes or can I jus go to an exhaust shop and tell them to bend the pipes to make it work I mean steel pipe is steel pipe right? And keep in mind I live in kentucky and you coould run exhaust right off the block and not get in trouble around here. So inspection or cops is def not an issue whatsoever . I know ill need a tune do the o2 sensors bieng taking out but is that and ground clearance the only problem I'll have? And also how you think this setup will sound?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Default Custom exhaust mod.

Couldnt get any answers out of the external forum so ill ask you guys on here. Im buying Pacesetter longtubes and 18" sweet thunders. Im wanting to run true duals, and I think im just going to put the headers on myself. But my questions are:

1. I think im going to take my car to a exhaust shop and just say here I want it run out the back over the axle make it work. Is that a good idea or not? exhaust shops around here are a dime a dozen and all them a fair priced and no good work.

2. What other hardware do I need to go along with these mods? As far as O2 sims, etc? And where should I get them from? Same place I buy the headers?

P.S. No emmision problems whatsoever around here, I could run headers into a straight pipe and nothave a problem except for burning out my o2s that is Im also aware of ground clearnce issues too. Ive been searching and reading up as much as possible. Just needed some addtl info to fill in the blanks for me.

As much info you can give me would be highly appreciated..
Old 03-11-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS144
Couldnt get any answers out of the external forum so ill ask you guys on here. Im buying Pacesetter longtubes and 18" sweet thunders. Im wanting to run true duals, and I think im just going to put the headers on myself. But my questions are:

1. I think im going to take my car to a exhaust shop and just say here I want it run out the back over the axle make it work. Is that a good idea or not? exhaust shops around here are a dime a dozen and all them a fair priced and no good work.

2. What other hardware do I need to go along with these mods? As far as O2 sims, etc? And where should I get them from? Same place I buy the headers?

P.S. No emmision problems whatsoever around here, I could run headers into a straight pipe and nothave a problem except for burning out my o2s that is Im also aware of ground clearnce issues too. Ive been searching and reading up as much as possible. Just needed some addtl info to fill in the blanks for me.

As much info you can give me would be highly appreciated..

1. out the back is pretty expensive, consider dumping before the axles
2. can the o2 sims and delete the codes during a tune
3. partially unwrap before microwaving
Old 03-11-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Youre not supposed to delete both sets of O2's though Makes the car run to rich or lean I remember seeing that somewhere. And I realize going out the back is expensive, but more money equals less bitching from the girlfriend. LOL. My buddy has mid lengths and true duals dumped on his 4.6 Gt and its louder than hell and shakes the whole interior including anyone inside it. So id hate to see what an LS1 would do..Plus I think out the back just looks better honestly. I dont think the shop would charge me a ton anyways. My buddy got a custom pipe on his civic out the headers and it was only 100 bucks thats including the magnaflow muffler they put in too...
Old 03-12-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Print this out and tell them that you want to duplicate this
Old 03-12-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks that looks great much appreciated....