Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Long lasting, stong holding clutch.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Long lasting, stong holding clutch.

What clutch do you have in your car?
How many miles do you have on your clutch?
Daily driver? Race Car?
Do you run slicks/DR's?
Do you reccomend the clutch you have?

Just trying to get some info on some good dialy driver clutches. I drive 600 miles a week, so a long lasting clutch is VERY IMPORTANT!!!
I also need a clutch that is going to hold. This car WILL have a good amount of race/track/hard miles on it. I just need the best combination clutch there is.
Spec maybe a good clutch, but seems rather hit or miss lately, and i would rather just stay away.

I am considering the Ram Powergrip/Powergrip HD, and the LS7.

Will a NON HD Powergrip take 390rwhp + 100 shot okay? or should i go with the HD? Same with LS7, has anyone acctually sprayed an LS7 clutch in an F-body on the street?

I have my cam, and i am just waiting on my decision on a clutch before i put the cam in.

Thanks in adavne.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

this is a never ending question and everyone will have a different story t tell ya. best bet is talk to some of the sponsors to get a feel with what you want out of your car.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This seems to be the holy grail of course.Everyone would like a clutch with low pedal pressure ,the doesn't chatter and is driveable in heavy traffic and can be taken to the track and flogged.
And of course there are lots of clutch choices out there and everyone has their opinions.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Clutch life will depend on the driver, not really how many miles. If you slip it a lot, both in driving and launching, it obviously wont last a long time at all. Right now I have around 30k miles on my spec 4 with 400rw, and thats excelent. Although I hardly slip my clutch, I dump and go, harshness or ride comford dosent bother me. If I were to slip it like a stock clutch I doubt I would be able to get more than 20k out if it.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would definately look at the Ram VDS910. Its smooth, little chatter, and holds up really well. I have it on my ~480rwhp N/A DD and no issues at all.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well, i ended up buying a Ram Powergrip HD. I hope it works out well. I will keep everyone posted with my experience with it. it probably will not go in for anohter month though.