Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

OEM Hurst Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Hurst Question

Ok guys my 02 SS came with the regular long throw shifter, but I drove an SS today with the OEM Hurst and i really want one. My question is if i get the Hurst from SLP is it the same that originally came Factory, and is the stick the same on the hurst and the regular shifter??

Thanks
Old 02-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Yes it is the same, personally I like my Hurst but most people will tell you to get a Pro 5.0 if you were to buy a shifter. I just put on a LSS on my stock Hurst shifter and I love it.

P.S. I'm going to sell my Hurst Stick if you want it...not that it matters much but it only has 11K of use.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camarokidd24
Yes it is the same, personally I like my Hurst but most people will tell you to get a Pro 5.0 if you were to buy a shifter. I just put on a LSS on my stock Hurst shifter and I love it.

P.S. I'm going to sell my Hurst Stick if you want it...not that it matters much but it only has 11K of use.
Ok i just wasnt sure cause on slp's website it said for 96-98 cars, i just wasnt sure.

P.s. if u got any pics of that shifter ur gonna sell send it to articss@gmail.com
might be interested.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

I actually just bought an oem Hurst from a guy for $40 and i got a WS6 store short stick for it. I havent put it in yet but ill let you know how it turns out. I can't wait.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

I have a friend who receintly replaced his with a Pro 5.0, then put the Hurst back in and sold the Pro 5.0 on evilbay...that bastard...I was going to get his Hurst for my goat! I now have the Hurst Billet Plus in my goat and wouldn't look back. For shifters, it is Hurst or nothing!

Galen
Old 02-17-2006, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Galen
I have a friend who receintly replaced his with a Pro 5.0, then put the Hurst back in and sold the Pro 5.0 on evilbay...that bastard...I was going to get his Hurst for my goat! I now have the Hurst Billet Plus in my goat and wouldn't look back. For shifters, it is Hurst or nothing!

Galen
'evilbay'

New one for me. I must be one of its evil minions.

Quick Reply: OEM Hurst Question