Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

can this piece be purchased?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can this piece be purchased?

hey guys i am wondering if a turbo flange with the two little 90 degree elbows can be purchased with them already welded on like the ones i have shown in the pics.

frcefed98 i stole your pics and modified...sory and/or thanks

Louie
Attached Thumbnails can this piece be purchased?-frcepic1.jpg   can this piece be purchased?-frcepic3.jpg   can this piece be purchased?-frcepic2.jpg  
Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Joel@

Not that I know of...most people have that made.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem Yeah if someone could make that "piece" that'll help a lot of the DIY'ers out there. Be nice to by the flange with the pipes welded on like that, and in different configurations.

J
Old 02-17-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by frcefed98
No problem Yeah if someone could make that "piece" that'll help a lot of the DIY'ers out there. Be nice to by the flange with the pipes welded on like that, and in different configurations.

J
Yeah that would be nice...i want to buy the pipes and make that first before i do anything else since i cant be bought...but before i do that i need to find what turbo i am going to use...

Are all T4 flanges the same? cause it will most likely be a T4 flanged turbo.

i have it down to:
T76GTS i want this one the most but it is also $$$
then something like jeremys turbo which is i believe a garret GT42-74 or GT42-76.
Then if i really decide to go with a smaller turbo maybe just a regular
MP GT45 and then later when i need the additional power/boost i can send it out to Jose to have it redone with a 76mm wheel.

...While typing that was the first time i thought of that idea...it seems like a pretty good one...

hmmm...

Louie
Old 02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno, i'd stick with the 76GTS cuz you have more room to work with when putting that sucker in there. This is important if you want to keep your fans, filter choices, flange options..and it'll make similar power.

I have the GT42-74. As for the T4 flanges, maybe Jose could chime in or another knowledgable turbophile.

MP GT45 probably would be fun on the street and spool quick but I wonder if it would create a lot more backpressure than your other two options....but then again I don't know too much about turbos to even think like that
J
Old 02-17-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by frcefed98
MP GT45 probably would be fun on the street and spool quick but I wonder if it would create a lot more backpressure than your other two options....but then again I don't know too much about turbos to even think like that
J
Well actually due to the relatively large A/R on that turbo wouldnt it actually spool a little slower than average? i believe the A/R on that turbo is 1.05.

just a little question regarding A/R etc.

Louie
Old 02-18-2006, 05:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MP45's do spool a tad bit slower then the 76gts. Im fogot how had one installed but i think he reported it spooled like an 88.

id sugest getting a PT76gts, for a stockish cubed engine those turbos seem to preform great. the spool time is good and has been pushed over 900rwhp. also it has a smaller package then the other ones you mentioned.

by definition all T4 flanges are the same, they must be to be a t4.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

ok well then where can the T4 flange be purchased?

Thanks
Louie
Old 02-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Joel@

Originally Posted by half-n-half
ok well then where can the T4 flange be purchased?

Thanks
Louie
We sell them in stainless steel if interested.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

joel i sent you a pm about the flange.

Another question that i have for all others out there is how well would a T88 fit with a truck manifold setup?

How will it work with a stock cubed motor? of course it will give me the ability to go to a larger engine in the future too.
Louie
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

purevl made over 800 w/ a T88 and truck manifolds on pump gas so it would work great with a truck manifold kit.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Either of these help?

http://www.burnsstainless.com/MergeC...ollectors.html

http://www.burnsstainless.com/MergeC...into1base.html
Old 02-19-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

http://store.racing-solutions.org/

well i found this site for mandrel bends and any turbo flange you need for CHEAP. it is mild steel which is what i really want, so that makes me happy

yeah some of those burns ones would definately work...but 2.5in 2-1 turbo collector is 230 bucks. wow those are pretty expensive....i guess that is what it costs for the best, huh.

Well just thought i would comment and post up the website i found. i may make a custom exhaust for my NA setup for a little practice before i tackle the truck manifold setup.

Louie

Last edited by half-n-half; 02-19-2006 at 10:56 PM. Reason: dound?....i meant found
Old 02-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Nice. Thanks for posting that site man. Looks like they have what i need to Fab up a system on a budget.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
by definition all T4 flanges are the same, they must be to be a t4.
both of these are t-4 flanges (upper)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...48804834hDbROx
and
http://www.fastrides.com/photos/mm/c...cture3923.aspx

the do it yourselfer would typically pick the first one which 2.5" pipe goes right into so you dont have to do this
http://www.fastrides.com/photos/mm/c...cture3989.aspx
Old 02-20-2006, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by half-n-half
Another question that i have for all others out there is how well would a T88 fit with a truck manifold setup?

How will it work with a stock cubed motor? of course it will give me the ability to go to a larger engine in the future too.
Louie
it fits quite well.
gonna try it with a stock cubed motor least for a while and see. I started it up last saturday, but still have some work before any numbers come.
Attached Thumbnails can this piece be purchased?-hotpiping_front.jpg   can this piece be purchased?-hotpiping_rad.jpg   can this piece be purchased?-hotpiping_side.jpg  
Old 02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
both of these are t-4 flanges (upper)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...48804834hDbROx
and
http://www.fastrides.com/photos/mm/c...cture3923.aspx

the do it yourselfer would typically pick the first one which 2.5" pipe goes right into so you dont have to do this
http://www.fastrides.com/photos/mm/c...cture3989.aspx

Thanks MM. i think i am going to take a crack at the Rectangular opening first. i am willing to be that it may help reduce backpressure a lil...maybe even quicker spool time...(unless the round one increases velocity more??)
so i will buy the flange and the piping and go ahead and try to make it and from there, if i cant i will go with the round one, but i think i will manage.

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
it fits quite well.
gonna try it with a stock cubed motor least for a while and see. I started it up last saturday, but still have some work before any numbers come.

hmm...maybe i will get the T88 and try it out....i guess there is nothing to lose by going too big. does anyone have any pics to compare actual size of a t76GTS to a T88? of course though the T88 is most likely going to spool a little slower.

Thanks
Louie
Old 02-20-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Default np

Originally Posted by SCBUSA
Nice. Thanks for posting that site man. Looks like they have what i need to Fab up a system on a budget.
hey i found it and thought i would share. i was amazed at the prices personally.

just ordered a 2.5" exhuast kit, t4 flange and a 38mm wastegate flange.

Louie
Old 02-20-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

ok....sorry for the post again...
but i just did a little checking. it appears(according to forcedinductions.com) that a T4 flange is about 10 inches in perimeter.
and a 2.5 inch pipe is about 7.85 inches in circumference.

so what i was thinking is that if i cut approximately 2.85 inches off of the circumference at the top of each pipe and then butt them together, they should actually be able to be formed to the 10in perimeter of the T4 flange. correct?

Thanks again
Louie
Old 02-20-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

i used 2.5" J bends, when i cut them, to Y them together, i also did a little bending them to take shape of the T4 flange. so they make a nice transition. just cut them about down the middle, so the two merges will fit in the flange, then get out some big pliers and start massaging them to take the shape of the flange.

Quick Reply: can this piece be purchased?