LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Nasty Performance is a bad shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Nasty Performance is a bad shop

DO NOT GO TO NASTY PERFORMANCE IN LAKE IN THE HILLS ILLINOIS
My car has been their since March of last year! And guess what it is still their because this 20 year old kid knows nothing about cars nor how to build them. I dont even know where to start with this place. My car is on its second motor because the first one was not broken in correctly, has gone to the body shop because he scratched it, has been towed 3 times from him not puting on the procharger kit correctly, he constantly claims because of the high pressure generated by the procharger it went through 3 belts,4 crank pulleys, accesory bracket shimmed, bolts breaking out of the cylinder head and tons I cant even remember its been so long. What else... oh it leaks oil, coolant, and trans fluid. He cut my license plate and ran trans cooler lines through the sharp edges. Its been tuned 3 times cuz it always breaks on the dyno and yet I still have to pay BV performance whose also an idiot. By the way after every tune after the base the numbers went down. Now I have an unreliable broken WS6 and an outstanding over 20000 dollar hit to my bank account. thank you nasty performance.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:19 PM

just one comment, i know nate and his a stand up guy... but i would not let bv tune my lawnmower!!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ONYOURLS1
just one comment, i know nate and his a stand up guy... but i would not let bv tune my lawnmower!!!!
What he said.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

i cant believe Nate would let BV tune cars for him. That guy is the worst tuner I have EVER seen. He doesnt even know anything about cars........
Old 02-20-2006, 11:36 AM
FormerVendor

Thats funny this was posted in October which I do agree was a long time to get things straightened out but I kept you posted on all the happenings with the engine builder and everything going on with the car. https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/399555-lt1-blower-results.html

The motor problem was an issue of the hone machine did not hone the cyl 100% straight and the engine builder took care of the issue in less than a week-I thought that was awesome service. We did have a lot of issues with the boost pulling the stock pulley right off the crank. Took a while but we found a suitable Billet pulley that fixed the problem. The pulley was slightly bigger than stock for sake of strength and the accessory pulleys needed to be shimmed to be inline easy fix. Also on the dyno it happen to break the coolant temp sensor on the water pump meer MM's from the SC idler pulley. I was not there this time he refused to fix it or drive it so I had it towed back and fixed the problem. Yes it did get scratched about 1" long on the fender, I do not know how or even if it happen here but it happened I took it to the body shop and had it fixed no questions asked. Trans cooler lines were routed the only way they could be and you plate was mounted to the air dam under the car we carefully routed the hoses through it and it was out of harms way...til you bottomed the car out on something and crushed the plate BUT wait the cooler lines are still intact and in good shape (as I still have the car here and checked) Also asked them to pick it up 3 weeks ago as I have limited space and here it still sits.

Yes you are all correct BV will no longer be tunning any of the cars we work on. There was just very limited options for any tuning and for a while he was doing pretty good on the cars we were bringing to him. His attitude changed towards me and my customers. We have since found a much better and very knowledgable tuner and will be using them from now on.

I also have Pro Stock John looking for the complete story I posted on this car that got archived and will post it if he finds it.

I do agree with Brad it has been a nightmare of a project and very frustrating. I have been nothing but nice and have fixed every issue that has arose towing and all on my dime, even though 80% of them are not something I would concider warranteed or a problem with the install but just the nature of the beast. Good luck with Tech school and the car Brad Sorry you feel this way.

Nate
Old 02-20-2006, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by minty
i cant believe Nate would let BV tune cars for him. That guy is the worst tuner I have EVER seen. He doesnt even know anything about cars........
Very true and with the problems we experianced last year he will no linger be tuning any cars from here.

Nate
Old 02-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Teching In

wow thats weird, i have an 02 z28 with now new motor heads/cam built Nasty trans rearend full exhaust and all bmr suspension.....ALL BY NASTY! hes done a lot for me and all i have to say is that id never take my car anywhere else. also at least when i bring my car to him i KNOW that everything will be done correctly and 100% no bullshit. i DO agree with EVERYONE that brian the tuner does not know enough to be tuning cars with high performance....ive had the experience but you know what? IT was taken care of. btw.....how does a NOW 20 year old...19 at the time come up with 20,000 dollars for a motor....on top of the car
Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Very true and with the problems we experianced last year he will no linger be tuning any cars from here.

Nate
Thank god. Ill bet money you will have less tuning problems from today on then.....

Quick Reply: Nasty Performance is a bad shop