Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth Dual Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudmouth Dual Setup?

Just wondering if anyone heard of this setup:
LT's
Dr. Gas X or any ORX
Loudmouth 1 or 2 Dumped (or over the axle)
In all Loudmouth duals....??
Probably not the most practical setup but I'm sure it is possible. I'm not really looking to do this but I would like to hear one.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

loudmouth is a single exhaust not a dual
Old 02-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Full-Force
loudmouth is a single exhaust not a dual
i can buy the mufflers themselfs.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by transfan0186
Just wondering if anyone heard of this setup:
LT's
Dr. Gas X or any ORX
Loudmouth 1 or 2 Dumped (or over the axle)
In all Loudmouth duals....??
Probably not the most practical setup but I'm sure it is possible. I'm not really looking to do this but I would like to hear one.
Personally I really like the sound of the LM. Some however are less keen on it.

There's no reason why you couldn't use the SLP resonator or the other mufflers used in the LM setups and utilise them in a dual system. SLP make a dual system for the Mustang with them.

But it would be a personal preferance on how it sounded, personally I think it would probably sound very good, however I'd probably run cats to ensure it limited the rasp content of the LS1.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Launching!

thats funny that u mention that set up. i'm doin that exact same thing. I have my LT and have the x pipe, tips, u bends for over the axle just got my gaskets and going to get ready to order my LM mufflers and stage 8 header bolts. people tell me that its going to be loud since i'm not going to run cats. If your thinking about this set up, brace yourself. I CANT WAIT. sorry i dont have it dont yet. i guess i wasnt much help. but i had to replie cause thats my set up too!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont understand why you would want to do this but its your money. It wont be a loudmouth because loudmouth is not the resonator its the system itself.

I think it will sound just like straight pipe.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you are speaking of is simply duals (what we refer to as true duals) with Loudmouth resonators as the mufflers. I would recommend dynomax bullets for economicaly minded purchasing or Sweet Thunder chambered mufflers for the best sound. Other choices include magnfaflow, Borla XR-1, Flo Pro twisters, etc.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Full-Force
I dont understand why you would want to do this but its your money. It wont be a loudmouth because loudmouth is not the resonator its the system itself.

I think it will sound just like straight pipe.
No but if you look on SLP's website you'll see the loud mouth is not exclusive to the Fbody.

Also SLP will sell you either the LM Resonator, the Race bullett muffler off the LM 2 plus another kind of muffler which is optional on the LM kits.

So it's perfectly legit to say an LM dual setup.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

look at the loudmouth for cobras, i think they would fit better in a dual set up, except it would be loud as **** because theres nothing in them what so ever.. and i think the resonators for cobras are like 70 each, or less... i wouldnt get lm2's though, if your going to go that way, just get sweet thunders, borlas, or dynomaxs..
Old 02-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the response guys. Yes this is for a "True Dual" Set up. Thats is why I included a X-pipe in the original Message for those who missed that. I have seen the loudmouth on mustangs. I'm not planning on doing this but it just seems like the flow would be nice. Yes i would use cats for the rasp.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to hear a true dual set-up with two LMII resonators. I have LMII on my car(not duals, LMII) with longtubes and no cats. It is raspy, but it is not nearly as bad as the origional Loudmouth. I would bet that true duals with 2 LMII resonators would sound good.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

If your goin to do that just get straight pipes b/c thats all the LM resonator is is a piece of pipe, their is NOTHING in it
Old 02-22-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
If your goin to do that just get straight pipes b/c thats all the LM resonator is is a piece of pipe, their is NOTHING in it

Old 02-23-2006, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you seen the LMII resonator? yes, the origional loudmouth is nothing but a straight pipe system, but the Loud Mouth II is a quieter version. The LM II has a couple layers of wire mesh in it instead of a straight pipe. The only true dual system i have heard is one with the sweet thunders. It sounded really nice. I just think dual LMII's might sound good. I am researching for myself right now, I plan to put true duals on my car this summer.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

It would sound similar to an 04 GTO with the LM system. I LOVED the way mine sounded. It was not loud at all and I got tons of compliments on it!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:53 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is just a bigger straight piece of pipe.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
It is just a bigger straight piece of pipe.
Actually SLP say otherwise, but I agree it does just look like a bit of bigger pipe.

Originally Posted by SLP (from the intsall instructions)
The SLP Loud Mouth DOES include a muffler. While it does not "look" like the traditional muffler, it is indeed a muffler by definition.

The muffler (aka resonator - actually a misnomer or ill-understood word) was designed by SLP to smooth the gas pulsations by methods of wave rarefaction to make them as inaudible/quiet as possible. This is a type of reflection muffler; most people are much more familiar with the more common 'absorption type mufflers', which typically include internal perforations, sections, and/or absorption insulation.
The science is sound, how affective the muffler is at noise supression is a totally different matter though but it certainly is a free flowing system
Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Launching!

so u think its a waste of money? itis a muffler right?
Old 02-23-2006, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EVIL TA
so u think its a waste of money? itis a muffler right?

The original LM.....Technically it is a muffler. Functionally you may as well have a straight pipe for most purposes. It will change the tone a small amount but will have a negligeable effect on volume/flow.

IMO, if you are going to do full exhaust with duals just use a diferent muffler. You want cheap, loud, acceptable sound (bitchin at idle and high rpm) go with Dynomax bullets. You want what most people think sounds best, get sweet thunders. Or if you want it a little quieter look into some offerings from Magnaflow, Borla (XR-1), etc.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EVIL TA
i can buy the mufflers themselfs.
I have the regular LM, and I'm planning to go TD just like this. I'll use two LM resonators in custom-bent pipe over the axel. The X is going up close to where the Y was.