Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Eagle F1 GS D3 (something different)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eagle F1 GS D3 (something different)

OK, last year my car was pretty much stock and I had very little trouble getting around in the snow. Since then, among other things, I've put a Fuddle 3000 stall converter in my Z and the very first snow we had (3 to 4 inches)I had a terrible time getting stated from a dead stop I even had Pirelli P Zero Nero M/S on it and they were rated #1 in The Tire Rack's customer survey for snow traction. So I figured if I'm going to get stuck anyway, why not just run my summer tires (F1 GS D3's) So I sold my Pirelli's and have my Goodyears on right now. Now for the questions, 1) Does anybody else run their F1's year around in a climate where the temps get down towards the single digits?? 2) Does your car sit outside??? And (this is the question I really want an answer to) do your F1's flat spot because of the 2 items mentioned above??? I've been getting a wicked vibration until my tires actually build up some heat. (usually after about 3 to5 miles of driving) Is anyone else experiencing this???
Old 02-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Teching In

all the time . my TA and my wifes Z-28 do it. just the way you said.

think its very common, and it don't get very cold here in Georgia
Old 02-19-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the GS-D3's take 5-6 miles to round back out after sitting for a couple weeks. And never EVER use them on snow. These are the absolute worst tires I have ever had on snow or ice. 1/8-1/4" is too much for them. Goodyear will back up what I'm saying as will many other people on this site--do a search.

On dry or rain (hot or cold) they are simply awesome!!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't even try to drive in snow with these tires. It's like rolling on drums. Never noticed the flat spotting issue.