Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header exhaust combo which ones

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header exhaust combo which ones

okay im getting ready to buy headers and a new exhaust my car will be cammed im going to do it all in the same session since i will have the motor out anyway..
i was wondering i havent decided which cam im going with yet i am going for more of a racey idle though and i was wondering what headers (brand long tube short etc)and exhaust combos you guys think are the best by perfromance and sound should i go true duals or y pipe and catbacks should i keep the emissoms stuff or lose it im also going with the electric cutouts any suggestions on those i will also probably be spraying in the future so any help tips advise and of like always opinions on which is best would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really depends on what you want. u want something loud? legal? what power you trying to reach? dont get shorties, its pointless. there are TONS of exhaust threads around here, i think jrp posted a sticky or something for exhaust u might want to check that out. pacesetters are a great deal for headers and they are full length. if u dont have to worry about emissions go with race style headers without any emission provisions. if u are gonna go with a cut out just run a full exhaust and i think qtp has the electric switches.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks brother im just checking to see what others have done what they like im just doing my research im leaning towards hookers or jet hots right now but that can always change it dosent have to be emissions legal and im not to worried about how loud it is i just want to know what other people think sounds the best performs the best etc etc.