Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Slicks VS Radials?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:18 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Slicks VS Radials?

Ok so Ive got Some Weld Pro Star 15x8s coming in soon, now Im looking for a tire setup that will get me throught this season with good results.

I have a pair of Mickey Thompson DRs on Stock 16x8 Shooters that im getting ride of. These tires always felt like they stuck pretty well, and since i pulled 1.9 60's and never really knew how to do a burnout well. They workd just fine

As for the prostars, im thinking either The same DRs only 275/60R15, but somebody say the 60 series is going to eat up some of my gear, so maybe ill stick with the 50 series sidewall or maybe some washwall hoosier slicks. I also saw some new DOT Radials from hoosier that are also washwall, has anyone heard anything about these?

My biggest concern in picking a tire is that i drive my car to the track so i put my tires on at home them leave for a 10-12 mile journey to the track. And the last part of the journey is a long 2 mile road were the speed limit is 65. So im wondering how well slicks would hold up getting to and from the track.

If there are any other "good" tire options let me know.

Last edited by Speed Density; 02-18-2006 at 08:23 PM.