Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help me out...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out...

I can't figure out what I need. I want a procharger. Supporting mods will be a blower cam, 1 3/4 headers, ory, cut-out, magnaflow, ls6, and I assume I have to go back to stock harmonic balancer (if not, correct me). I have the mods allready except for the blower cam which it isn't a big deal to put it. I'll be on stock heads/bottom end. I didn't know if I should go d-1sc or p-1sc. Maybe down the road a forged bottom end with heads. In fact, if **** breaks, I'll be able to get it. Also, what size injectors? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:00 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest eliminating the cut-out in your parts list. It changes the wide open throttle air/fuel ratio too much. Once SCT comes out with their X Calibrater for the LS engines, you will be able to have up to three tunes loaded into the programmer, which then would allow you to switch from your closed exhaust to having it open.

I would also suggest you go with the D-1SC eight rib kit, as you will outgrow the P-1SC if you end up with a forged bottom end and heads down the road like you mentioned. The D-1SC upgrade is less than $200.00 when initially ordering the kit, but to send in an P-1SC to have it upgraded to a D-1SC is approx $1,200.00. The D-1SC kit also includes one inch thicker intercoolers, keeping the IAT's much cooler.

You will also need a different harmonic balancer for the eight rib assembly, one made by another ATI company, ATI Performance Products. The ATI eight rib blower pulley will then bolt to the front of the new balancer. I currently have them on sale for $435.00 until the end of Feb.

I would go with 60lb injectors, as they will be large enough for your engine for the future upgrades that you might add. Too many people are having to ditch their 42lb injectors to upgrade to the 60's, as they upgrade to a forged bottom end. Bob
Old 02-20-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Andy
Old 02-20-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I would suggest eliminating the cut-out in your parts list. It changes the wide open throttle air/fuel ratio too much. Once SCT comes out with their X Calibrater for the LS engines, you will be able to have up to three tunes loaded into the programmer, which then would allow you to switch from your closed exhaust to having it open.

I would also suggest you go with the D-1SC eight rib kit, as you will outgrow the P-1SC if you end up with a forged bottom end and heads down the road like you mentioned. The D-1SC upgrade is less than $200.00 when initially ordering the kit, but to send in an P-1SC to have it upgraded to a D-1SC is approx $1,200.00. The D-1SC kit also includes one inch thicker intercoolers, keeping the IAT's much cooler.

You will also need a different harmonic balancer for the eight rib assembly, one made by another ATI company, ATI Performance Products. The ATI eight rib blower pulley will then bolt to the front of the new balancer. I currently have them on sale for $435.00 until the end of Feb.

I would go with 60lb injectors, as they will be large enough for your engine for the future upgrades that you might add. Too many people are having to ditch their 42lb injectors to upgrade to the 60's, as they upgrade to a forged bottom end. Bob
Thanks. I appreciate the help. I can't wait now.

Quick Reply: Help me out...