Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 Rebuild/New Clutch

Old 02-20-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 Rebuild/New Clutch

Hi all....just looking for some advice with my T-56. Its started to act kinda funny lately, grinding going from 2nd to 3rd, and the other night it just popped right out of 4th without warning....so I'm thinking its time for a rebuild and a new clutch.

My car will most likely never see over 400rwhp, so I think an LS6 clutch will do just fine. I found the part # for the plate, but what other parts will I need to replace and does anyone know the part #'s for them (flywheel, throwout bearing, slave).

Also is there anything I can request they replace in my T-56 to beef it up a bit. Different syncrhos, shift forks, stuff of that nature. I know if I take it in and let them just do it, they will most likely use the stock GM parts. Thanks in advance for the advice
Old 02-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Restricted User

Yep...definately. Give Joe and Amber a call over at http://www.t56rebuilds.com. They will sit and listen to all your questions and give you answers with any and all options available for the rebuild.

They have a TOLL FREE number as well - (888) 937-4411. Hope that helps.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've already got a local shop lined up that has rebuilt plenty of these T-56s in the past. I just need to know a list of upgraded parts and their part numbers that I can order myself and have them put in. Also need to know everything I need to upgrade to put in the LS6 clutch....I've heard I need to make sure and go with the '01 '02 hydraulic setup. I did a search and came up with sketchy info.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Restricted User

I'm sure if you call them, they will still help you out with your questions. They will also, more than likely, get you the best deal on parts prices. Give them a try.

Search this Thread