Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet-thunders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sweet-thunders?

In the next few weeks I am looking at changing my exhaust. I currently have the 80 series flowmaster cat-back. I would like to put a chambered exhaust or bullet muffler in the I-pipe, and cut out the flowmaster like stated in the exhaust sticky. What size sweet-thunder or bullet style muffler should I use? Would this be a good choice? I will be getting LTs and a catted y later in the year. Thanks again for any imput, it is greatly appretiated.

p.s. I have listened to ls1sounds.com; however, it is hard to hear the difference with little computer speakers.

Jason
Old 02-21-2006, 10:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

it will sound great but a single chambered tube will be restrictive in the i-pipe. the stock pipe is 2.75" and a aftermarket is 3.0" the sweet thunders will neck down under 2.5" at there narrowes point. a bullet style will also sound good and not be restrictive. if you go bullet dynomax is probbly one of the better sounding ones out there. some have used boral, magnaflow,spiralflow, ect also alot of people that had a loudmouth ditched the slp resonator for a cleaner sounding bullet texas speeds rumbler has a great sound to it too not sure what buulet they use though off the top of my head
Old 02-22-2006, 01:30 AM
STA
Staging Lane

If your worried about restriction from the sweet thunder, use a powerstick chambered muffler from classic chambered exhaust. There muffler has a 3" inside diameter for great flow. I put this in my I-pipe with a cutout before the muffler and love the sound. It has a great tone and makes the LS1 sound like a muscle car
Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 AM
STA
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
texas speeds rumbler has a great sound to it too not sure what buulet they use though off the top of my head
I believe they use a Dynomax bullet.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

I got it done yesterday about an hour after I posted this thread. I called a loc muffler shop and he said parts and labor $125 out the door. I didnt use a sweet thunder. I used what he had in stock. It was 3" straight through and 12" long. I didn't recognize the name, but is sounds low and deep. I don't know if the car is more responsive now but my foot is in it a lot more now. Sounds good. Could sound better with a different bullet?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

He probably gave you a Glasspack muffler.