Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP dual users quick questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP dual users quick questions

Any banging of the headers/duals with this system? I was planning on having TSP install these personally to reduce the lengthy "get it right" time. What muffler seems to reduce resonance the most? I saw a very long thread comparing the mufflers but didnt really get a good answer to the resonance issue. I know they all scream at WOT and the sweet thunder seems to be the best sounding at WOT. My question is which one will be the most reasonable cruising at 2k. Hopefully I can get some of the TSP guys w/ the moroso's and ST's to chime in as I have heard the dynomaxx has the most drone while cruising. Thanks.

-Jason
Old 02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

I installed the tsp set up with st's. I also have an a4. the drone is there but not as much as i expected. If you have TSp install them them make them point the turndowns outwards on a 45 degree slant. I had mine down for 2 days , then turned them outward and it cut down a lit on rattles and also helped a little with drone. My system sounds awesome. The higher up you push the rpms the better it sounds. After 2 weeks with the system on still no banging and my system is almost perfectly straight. Noone else notices it but I do. I am very happy with it. it was def worth them money. If i would of known it would sound this good before I bought it I would have paid more.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"If i would of known it would sound this good before I bought it I would have paid more."
Dont let TSP know that!!

I have the TSP duals w/the bullets. installed myself(major pita)and have at least 5" of clearance and no banging, the resonance is there but im plannin on taking it out the back anyway, sounds mean at wot!!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently installed them with sweet thunders and also pacesetter headers, took me 3 days.

The exhaust was quick, the headers took forever. It drones a bit at 2,000 rpm but it's not to bad, any other time it's a beautiful thing to say the least.

Under hard acceleration it "snarls" between shifts or when letting off, I think it's really wild and exotic sounding when it happens, at WOT it's unbeleivable sounding, best sounding car i've ever heard for a un-cammed car.

My only probs have been:

Trying to slide the damn tubing onto the headers was a royal bitch and took hours to get going on, even then it was tough, while test-fitting off the car I got one piece stuck on one of the headers and wound up smacking it for an hour or better to get it off, the end was so mangled fron the hammer and piece of metal I used to tap it off I had to cut a ring off the tube to get a fresh edge.

I didn't get my pipes high enough at the axle on the first try and had about 2" of ground clearance, scraped on the test drive, I wound up taking the tunnel brace off as the X-pipe was hitting it and limiting clearance. now the torque arm is limiting me to a good 4 1/2"

one pipe lightly taps the floor board under the driver seat, I just didnt angle it down enough, but since it's so tight on the header it's not worth messing with, it doesn't happen much.

Go with sweet thunder!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

some hints to help with the install of the x-pipe.

-get rid of that tunnel brace, you dont need it

-use some grease on the fittings of the pipes, makes them much easier to slide on and off

-test fit pipe L1 or the driver side pipe on the header and see where it might bang and hammer in just a little bit to get a little more clearance, i have no banging and created just a slight little dent where the pipe would might bang.

-make sure your x is right side up, the x, if installed right, should go slightly down then come up, the driver side of the x should go down to clear the torque arm then come up a little bit to fit inside the left side of the driveshaft tunnel. if your x is upside down you can only raise it so high until it hits the torque arm.

-flip your fuel lines, this is a major pain in the *** and you may have one line that wont go in the little clip bracket, at least mine didnt, but it will give you a little more space from the muffler unless you would like for your mufflers to kiss your fuel lines.

-dont drill your holes for the hangers until your absolutely sure your satisfied, i drilled early and the mufflers were a little bit to much to the left, i re-did it and now i have 4 holes behind my rear seats. you cant see them but not very professional of me.

-and most of all take your time, do it right, and be careful!!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

bump it up