Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0405 Code after LS6 Intake install

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0405 Code after LS6 Intake install

I installed a LS6 intake manifold on my 98 Z28 this past weekend and set the following SES code P0405 which is for the EGR system. I did not think I would set any codes since last spring I installed a B1 cam from MTI and also ordered their custom programming which was suppossed to delete the A.I.R. system, rear O2 sensors, and EGR system codes from the computer.

When I installed the intake I simply removed the EGR system and installed a block off plate onto my headers. Is thier something else I need to do with the wiring harness since the EGR connector is not connected to anything now or should I call MTI and ask them about the computer programming? I do not think the SES light is hurting anything except my car will not pass emmissions with it on.

Thanks,
Darren
Old 03-01-2003, 12:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: P0405 Code after LS6 Intake install

By all means call MTI. You paid to have them remove it so they should know what is going on.

For now, what you could do is just plug whatever valve/sensor/thing (sorry....have an 01 so don't have EGR...) was on that harness back in and just zip tie it somewhere out of sight and see if that clears the code till MTI tells you what is wrong. I did this when I removed my AIR and EVAP systems but did not own LS1Edit yet.

Chris
Old 03-01-2003, 05:49 AM
Staging Lane

That is what I was thinking. I will give them a call. I just don't like the idea of having to send my computer off again.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with you completely about about having it tuned locally, but I don't know where I could have this done in Atlanta. I am also debating on just getting LS1 EDIT and doing everything myself. It seems their is tons of good information on this board to guide me. If anyone knows of a good shop within driving range of Atlanta that they could recommend I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Darren
Old 03-02-2003, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

ohhh...its one of those....

Have you thought about getting it tuned localy? You stand to get a better tune because the tunner can make adjustments that are specific to YOUR car. When you send off, its still a somewhat "generic" tune.

Chris