Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Tap will not connect

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Tap will not connect

I have had Auto Tap for about a year now and it used to work but after having not used it for about six months I can no longer get it to connect. I tried with two different laptops each running windows ME and both times Auto Tap said it was unable to connect. I initially thought something had happened to either my car's data port or my AT cable, but I decided to try and connect using my old desktop computer running windows 98 and every thing worked fine.

The problem with using my desktop is that I cannot log any runs at the drag strip using it. This means I still need to find a way to connect using my laptop. Has anyone else had a problem connecting AT using a laptop running windows ME? If so did you find a way to get it to work? I beleive that I could load windows 98 on my laptop and remove windows ME and it would solve my problem, but my wife would kill me if I have to delete everything on the hard drive to install a different version of windows.

Thanks,
Darren
Old 03-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Auto Tap will not connect

I figured out the problem with the laptop. My wife had installed some software on it for her palm pilot which also uses the same serial port as Auto Tap. After deleting this software Auto Tap works fine except for one minor thing. For some reason AT version 2.03 will not read the IAC counts but I have an older DOS version on the same laptop that reads everything correctly. This seems strange but I am not going to wory about it. I will just use the DOS version which many people seem to prefer anyway.