PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few ls1 edit questions

Old 02-28-2003, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default few ls1 edit questions

Which table do I use to tune part throttle?
(main ve table)

Which table do I use to tune wide open throttle?
(PE vs. rpm)

I am also seeing 75-80 counts on the IAC. Does this sound possibe? I am using OBD-2 logger to log.

Have a Cam in car and have not drilled the TB yet. Just wondering how reliable the obd-2 logger is. seems to be great so far.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-01-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: few ls1 edit questions

The only thing I can tell you for sure is about the IAC count. That seems reasonable that if you have installed a cam and not drilled the TB hole out, your IAC count will be up. Drill it untill the count gets back down into the 30s.

As far as the part throttle and WOT tuning, I tuned mine with the MAF settings (in the MAF table) and did not mess with anything else. I drove around and logged the frequency and the L-trims and where I was lean or rich (in relationship to frequency), I adjusted the settings. After repeated trial and error adjustment I got the car pretty consistant at between -5 and 0 (varies between there at different throttle settings). At WOT it sits at 0.890 on the O2 voltage which should be around 12.8:1 or 13.0:1 ratio.

If someone could jump in here and tell us what they think of what I said (I would like to know also) it would really be good.

Chris
Old 03-01-2003, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks on the IAC's Chris. I am hoping someone knows which tables to do part throttle and WOT?

Sean

<small>[ March 01, 2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: lbz34 ]</small>
Old 03-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

What do you want to tune at part throotle?? LTFT?
If its the LTFT, you would modify the injector flow rate table or the MAF flow table.

At WOT if you want to tune the AFR, air fuel ratio, you would modify the PE vs RPM table. Also you always have the timing table to consider.

With a cammed car, you might want to increase your idle RPM.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Just thinking to tune the part throttle, as my car seems to run pretty lean at part throttle. I use a FJO wideband setup in car to monitor A/F's tuning.
I am going to wait unitl I get headers and stock maf ends before i do any tuning.

Thanks
Sean

Search this Thread