General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

not again.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default not again.....

i was having a nice day today, got some extra cash and got off of work early, well i decided to get my front tires changed and get an alignment, i take it to the first shop and they want to charge me $30 a tire, so i go to the next shop, $19 a tire, better, any ways i drop my car off and me and my wife go to dinner and it hits me, do they know how to properly lift my car without bending the front quarter panel bracket? well no, i went back and asked the guy working on the car i he lifted it properly, i look under and i can already see both brackets crushed, a tell him about it and he says " once i take it off the lift they will go back to normal" and i told him that they have to be hammered back into place, and he say's he'll take care of it, later he comes back and says it's all taken care of, so i go outside and the drivers side is good, but they passengers side is crushed, i go to show him and he says "i don't understand what your talking about" so i ask him to jack it up to see, and sure enough the bracket was bent back, one bolt broke off and the other was stripped, and the panel was torn off the bracket, luckily it was still being held by the stripped bolt, the mananger comes out and tells me that he'll call around tomorrow and get it taken care of, i got it all in writing, also on my torque thrust 2's the front drivers side cap fell off as i parked my car, i guess the screws didn't get tightend all the way, does any one know where i can get more?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:54 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calz28
i was having a nice day today, got some extra cash and got off of work early, well i decided to get my front tires changed and get an alignment, i take it to the first shop and they want to charge me $30 a tire, so i go to the next shop, $19 a tire, better, any ways i drop my car off and me and my wife go to dinner and it hits me, do they know how to properly lift my car without bending the front quarter panel bracket? well no, i went back and asked the guy working on the car i he lifted it properly, i look under and i can already see both brackets crushed, a tell him about it and he says " once i take it off the lift they will go back to normal" and i told him that they have to be hammered back into place, and he say's he'll take care of it, later he comes back and says it's all taken care of, so i go outside and the drivers side is good, but they passengers side is crushed, i go to show him and he says "i don't understand what your talking about" so i ask him to jack it up to see, and sure enough the bracket was bent back, one bolt broke off and the other was stripped, and the panel was torn off the bracket, luckily it was still being held by the stripped bolt, the mananger comes out and tells me that he'll call around tomorrow and get it taken care of, i got it all in writing, also on my torque thrust 2's the front drivers side cap fell off as i parked my car, i guess the screws didn't get tightend all the way, does any one know where i can get more?
You mean like this?

$30 shipped and you'll be bling blingin in no time! My buddy works at a tire shop and found this bad boy for me, it's got the screws and the allen tool in it. I can ship it out tomorrow or friday.

EDIT - just noticed you just needed the screws! I bet you could get them at a hardware store. May not be EXACTLY the same as the others, but they would work and not be noticable. You could also look up someone on ebay who sells AR products and shoot them an email. I diddnt really want to sell this thing anyway!

http://i1.tinypic.com/of7p0n.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/of7oyx.jpg
Old 02-23-2006, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
You mean like this?

$30 shipped and you'll be bling blingin in no time! My buddy works at a tire shop and found this bad boy for me, it's got the screws and the allen tool in it. I can ship it out tomorrow or friday.

EDIT - just noticed you just needed the screws! I bet you could get them at a hardware store. May not be EXACTLY the same as the others, but they would work and not be noticable. You could also look up someone on ebay who sells AR products and shoot them an email. I diddnt really want to sell this thing anyway!

http://i1.tinypic.com/of7p0n.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/of7oyx.jpg
i'm gonna try the hardware shop, but what really sucks is that on all the other caps i'm missing some screws, i'm gonna try a rim shop later to see if i find any thing and also run by the tire shop and see if they came up with an idea on how to fix my car
Old 02-23-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

Man that sucks. When I bought my SS in '03 the dealer wanted me to bring it back for service to make sure everything was good with the car. So, I took it in and watched the mechanic drive it over to the shop, pull out the little arms on the lift and get everything situated to begin lifting my "new" Camaro. Well I didn't know anything about those fender attachments at the bottom and evidently, neither did the tech. CRACK! I yelled out "WOAH, STOP!" and the whole shop turned to see what was going on. The manager walked out and told me they would repair them with some fiberglass and then tried to console me by saying that "Alot of those cars are broken down there for various reasons." I told him that my fenders weren't broken when I brought my car here so you'll need to do better than repair them. Anyways, after a day or so of fencing with the guy he replaced both fenders. Since then I make sure that who ever has to lift my car puts the pads under the subframe. I hope you can get the manager of the place that you had your work done and get him to see things your way.

Last edited by Roadhouse; 02-23-2006 at 02:57 PM.