General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

problem with windshield wipers....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with windshield wipers....

since if had my car there has been a quark with the wipers. They will only work if i spray fluid or push the tab foward for one wipe. however i can put them all the way on high and they will work. but if i put them on any delay setting or low they will stop wiping and will just stay up out of the cowl like they are going to wipe. does anyone know why this is? aslo once i tuen them off they will not go all the way down into the cowl they will just go to the bottom of the windshield. i have to turn the car off let it sit turn it back on and the wipers will go back into the cowl when i start it up again. my dad said the delay switch on the actual wiper switch may br bad. any sugestions?
Old 02-24-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

I have the same identical problem. I have never bothered to fix it due to laziness plus the wipers works about 80% of the time I need them. I would go with what your dad told you. Change the switch. I've read a number or threads where people have confirmed the problem being the switch.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok cool ill probly try that
Old 02-25-2006, 01:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the exact same problem.

Sometimes while switching from hi to low the wipes stop moving completely as if jammed. Only way to get them working again is to turn off the ignition for 10 min. Int. mode doesn't work.