1974 project car 4 sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 project car 4 sale

I posted this in the vehicles 4 sale place, but i wanted to post it here too b/c it would be more likely for a TX member 2 buy it then ne1 else... so here it is

1974 camaro
brand new crate 350 (less than 300 miles right now)
4brl quad carb (edlebrock)
edlebrock mani
Everything else attached of touching the motor is new, except the starter, alt, and water pump.

Dunno about the tranny, i havn't ever messed with it, but it has nvr given me any problems.

Inside is great. Black cloth. Rear seats are in perfect condition, driver seat is really nice, passenger seat has a small straight rip in it. Dash doesn't exactly line up all the way on the driver side. Near shifter is 2 small rips.

brand new $700 sound system. 2- 6X9 pioneer speakers, 500 watt amp in the trunk, and pioneer cd/am/fm removable deck.

new gauges that show oil pressure, amps, and car temp. (which the car runs a steady 180 - 190 temp, and 60-70 on the oil pressure)

Outside needs some lovin. The guy before me and his buddy painted the car with what looks to be a 1 stage spray paint job. He didn't sand or primer the car, he just covered up the green with blue. some places he missed completely.

The rims are Cragar SS 5 spokes, but they are worn out. The rims and tires should probably be replaced.

Under side of the car needs a good sand blasting.

Other than that, this car is my daily driver. I love it a lot, but i have to go 2 college next year, and i can't take it with me. I dont have enough money, time, or knowledge to keep the car in good care.

I am asking around $3500 for the car, although i would love to trade for a running 4th gen camaro, or trans am. I also have some cash to give in the trade, and i can go up to 5000 total. I would love a car with t-tops, and not red. Those are really my only 2 cares about the car if some1 wanted to trade.

I have many many pics of the car, so if u send me an email adress i can send them. I would post, but i have over 50 pics. But here are some

Old 02-23-2006, 10:21 PM
12 Second Club

i might know someone who wants it,what is the lowest you would go pm me are email me volcanic45@sbcglobal.net
Old 02-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

i would hate to go under what i have it at now... but i will not go for ne thing under 3K. I need the money for college, or a different car, so... i really think 3500 is a perfect price, judging from what the car needs, and from what has been done to it.

I bought the car for 2500, still owe 1250, and i have 3000 in receipts for everything in the car.

I hate 2 c it go, but if i can't get enough money, i wont b able to go 2 college next year.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

im getting a settlement from a wreck here in the next 2-3 weeks. if its not gone by then, ill give you $3,000 cold cash for it the same day the check arrives.

ive seen one just like this for sale here where i live in ft.worth, but it has a seriously faded paint job, and rust all over the top of the car, also for $3,500.

Originally Posted by TennisKid
i would hate to go under what i have it at now... but i will not go for ne thing under 3K. I need the money for college, or a different car, so... i really think 3500 is a perfect price, judging from what the car needs, and from what has been done to it.

I bought the car for 2500, still owe 1250, and i have 3000 in receipts for everything in the car.

I hate 2 c it go, but if i can't get enough money, i wont b able to go 2 college next year.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

well, the paint job that the car has is bad. The trunk is still that metallic green color, along with the inside of the door hindges on the drivers door.

1 other thing about the car. Real easy fix, but i havn't gotten around to it... the passenger door doesn't open from the outside. The spring is not connected, but i never use my passenger door b/c i dont ever really pick any1 up. I heard it was easy to fix, but i dont have time 2 try and fix it.

I have pics of everything if u want to see.

Would u do $3200 if i met u somewhere in the middle with the car? for $3000 i would rather not really drive anywhere with it
Old 02-24-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just sent an email to this guy with a link to this page on LS1Tech.

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/136716819.html

Maybe a prospect for ya. Good luck!
Old 02-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

sweet. Thx for the shout out.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

topper 1 time
Old 02-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

price reduce... $3250

I need some1 that will take good care of the car to buy this from me. I need money for college or another car. >.<