Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice please

I have read and re-read all the forums about bolt ons, so I've figured out that I don't need an aftermarket MAF,TB or shortie headers.( 2001 Firehawk - stock). But would it be worth getting MAF ends? and as for the throttle body TByrne do a insert for the TB that is funnel shaped to give the same gain as porting....any comments?
Lastly as I live in England and cannot get it dyno tuned, I need a handheld as I intend to get some mid lengths and catted y-pipe. i have seen an SLP Diablo tuner and would like to know what you all think or perhaps you have used one. All help is much appreciated.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

dont touch the MAF.

There is no insert for a tb that can do the same thing as porting it. just read how to do it and port it yourself. an insert wont help you.

for midlenghts and a catted y-pipe you dont really need a tune, but it never hurts
Old 02-24-2006, 11:33 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Essentially by inserting a piece into the throttle body, you are reducing the size.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for your replies, do you think just MAF ends will work whilst using the stock MAf sensor?
Also any comments on the SLP Diablo tuner?
Thanks in advance