LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What should be my next mod?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What should be my next mod?

All mods are in my sig and plus i'm getting 4.10 gears soon and a shift kit. what else do u guys think I should get to go faster? I'm out of ideas. (traction is not an issue,not nitrous,my converter is stayin)
Old 02-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just one word Turbo.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BeaversTA
Just one word Turbo.
I think that mod is a little more complex then one word though. It costs alot of time and money.

To the original poster...why are you going with 4.10 gears? Have you checked to make sure those are optimal for your setup? Did you check to see where you would be crossing the traps at? Why is it you want to keep your 2,600 stall, I am sure that is not optimal for that setup either. You just don't go and slap stalls and gears on a vehicle and hope they all work out.
http://www.f-body.org/gears/

You could always beef up your transmission or rear end so it is less prone to breaking.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12 bolt. And mayeb some slicks so you can cut some mean 60' times. What are you trippin them at now?
Old 02-25-2006, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

bumb up to 1.7 RRs ,light springs,tyr 58mm TB all little things but thing tha work
Old 02-25-2006, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaroguy22
I think that mod is a little more complex then one word though. It costs alot of time and money.

To the original poster...why are you going with 4.10 gears? Have you checked to make sure those are optimal for your setup? Did you check to see where you would be crossing the traps at? Why is it you want to keep your 2,600 stall, I am sure that is not optimal for that setup either. You just don't go and slap stalls and gears on a vehicle and hope they all work out.

You could always beef up your transmission or rear end so it is less prone to breaking.
The 4.10 gears are perfect for my set up according to my dyno graph, i'll be pushing close to my max power through the rpm's in 2nd and 3rd gear due to the horse power and torque curve, from 5900-6700RPM i have an almost flat line graph of 389-392RWHP and the torque is good to.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

The 4.10 gears are perfect for my set up according to my dyno graph, i'll be pushing close to my max power through the rpm's in 2nd and 3rd gear due to the horse power and torque curve, from 5900-6700RPM i have an almost flat line graph of 389-392RWHP and the torque is good to. As for the converter i'm leavin it how it is for now for now due to the stock rear and trans.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by formula355LT1
The 4.10 gears are perfect for my set up according to my dyno graph, i'll be pushing close to my max power through the rpm's in 2nd and 3rd gear due to the horse power and torque curve, from 5900-6700RPM i have an almost flat line graph of 389-392RWHP and the torque is good to. As for the converter i'm leavin it how it is for now for now due to the stock rear and trans.

Well then possibly your next mod should be a beefed up trans or rear. What times are you running? Glad to see you took notice to your cars setup before installing gears. I can't stand people who slap on a bunch of parts without research then wonder why their car sucks.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Well then possibly your next mod should be a beefed up trans or rear. What times are you running? Glad to see you took notice to your cars setup before installing gears. I can't stand people who slap on a bunch of parts without research then wonder why their car sucks.
I haven't run it at the track yet but i'm hoping for mid to high 11's. I'm not replacing the trans or the rear until they break. I was looking for more horse power but I can't think of anything else to do besides messing with the heads and cam, but i like my setup...maby pullies, anyone have any proof of gains with a pully set?
Old 02-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by formula355LT1
I haven't run it at the track yet but i'm hoping for mid to high 11's. I'm not replacing the trans or the rear until they break. I was looking for more horse power but I can't think of anything else to do besides messing with the heads and cam, but i like my setup...maby pullies, anyone have any proof of gains with a pully set?

Understandable, that is my stance on alot of parts. Once I break it, then I will replace it with something better. Pullies don't give you that much of a gain, some have noted a few rwhp. I doubt enough to notice, or possibly give you .01 or something like that. Not worth the 100$ in my mind. Migh as well save that for your rear or transmission fund. Have you tried any weight reduction? Or lightweight parts? That is also something you could look into.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Teching In

personally i'd run more stall. i'd also run some nitrous.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

MSD ignition maybe & a larger cam, don't bother with pulleys

Quick Reply: What should be my next mod?